User Group Meeting

Neil

Oct 30, 2008, 7:50:00 AM10/30/08
to MJBUG
JBoss User Group Meeting - Monday November 17, 5:30 - 7:30

Pete Muir, core developer for the open source JBoss Seam project will
be giving the lowdown on Seam technology. In this technical session,
Pete will explain how Seam solves many problems of Java EE and also
share his innovative ideas and vision about the future of web
technologies.

Seam is a powerful open source development platform for building rich
Internet applications in Java. It integrates technologies such as
Asynchronous JavaScript and XML (AJAX), JavaServer Faces (JSF), Java
Persistence (JPA), Enterprise Java Beans (EJB 3.0) and Business
Process Management (BPM) into a unified full-stack solution, complete
with sophisticated tooling.

Seam has been designed from the ground up to eliminate complexity at
both architecture and API levels. It enables developers to assemble
complex web applications with simple annotated plain Java classes, a
rich set of UI components, and very little XML. Seam's unique support
for conversations and declarative state management eliminates a whole
class of bugs common in traditional web applications.

Seam also forms the basis of the Web Beans JSR-299 specification, to
unify the JSF managed bean component model with the EJB component
model, resulting in a significantly simplified programming model for
web-based applications.

Meet other Seam users
Discuss your needs and ideas
Explore new technologies and solutions

And - there are drinks and finger food supplied by Red Hat

You can help out the Red Hat catering by registering here,

http://redhatimages.com.au/eDMs/JUG_Invitation_Nov08.html

or just let me know that you are coming

Regards

Neil Belford
Convenor MJBUG

Neil

Oct 30, 2008, 8:08:29 AM10/30/08
to MJBUG
Location of meeting is

Red Hat - Level 5, 455 Bourke St Melbourne

Neil

Rabindra Thapa

Oct 30, 2008, 8:32:47 PM10/30/08
to MJ...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neil

Thanks for the email. I have now moved to NSW and good thing is that the company I am working for is using JBOSS platform.

Just wondering if there is MJBUG group here in Sydney.

Regards

Rabin

Neil Belford

Oct 30, 2008, 8:39:34 PM10/30/08
to MJ...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rabin,

Interested to know who you work for and what they are doing with JBoss
- sounds pretty good.

If you go to this link you can book in for Sydney. This is run by
RedHat directly.

--
Regards

Neil Belford

base2Services pty ltd
Level 27, 101 Collins St
Melbourne 3000 Australia

http://base2Services.com
e: n.be...@base2services.com
p: +61 3 9653 9108
m: +61 4 1955 6684

Neil

Nov 16, 2008, 8:37:40 PM11/16/08
to MJBUG
Dont forget the MJBUG is meeting tonight to talk Seam

At 5:30 in the Red Hat boardroom - Level 5, 455 Bourke St Melbourne

Unfortunately due to family commitments I will not be able to attend
tonights meeting. Fortunately Aaron Walker is stepping onto the breach
as your convenor for the evening. Dont have too much fun without me.

Neil Belford

David Field

Nov 16, 2008, 10:59:53 PM11/16/08
to MJ...@googlegroups.com
Hello Neil,

Unfortunately neither Graeme nor I are going to be able to make it either due to some last minute changes in schedule.

Can you please pass on apologies for Graeme Collis and myself.

Regards

David Field
Director
Landmark Software Pty Ltd