SrcInden

John Jacques

Oct 19, 2006, 7:29:46 PM10/19/06
to MB...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave, it don't work.

Was made for LCC.

Also, that would be way cool if it did all of that. The web page
description
needs updating too.

Well, I guess you'll have more work to do know ;)

John

> >I think I told you, but anyway, SrcInden (www.dgarner.com) does that
> >along
> >with a bunch of other things. I don't think it should be too
difficult
> >isolate those functions though.
> >
> >David Garner

http://mail.yahoo.com

David Garner

Oct 19, 2006, 7:35:42 PM10/19/06
to MB...@googlegroups.com
John,

> Hi Dave, it don't work.

Hmmm. Is it obvious how it's broken? I have to take a look.

> Was made for LCC.

I think it started in QB 4.5 and then VB, but I suspect you're correct that
I was using LCC back when I last tried it.

> Also, that would be way cool if it did all of that.

Can't believe it will be too difficult to fix. I'll try and look at it this
evening.

> The web page description needs updating too.

Anything in particular?

> Well, I guess you'll have more work to do know ;)

Always. ;)

David Garner

David Garner

Oct 19, 2006, 8:32:58 PM10/19/06
to MB...@googlegroups.com
John,

I just created a new c.bat to compile it with Pelles C and fixed a couple of
errors that have changed since I last looked at it and it seems to run for
me. I'm using the 4.09 exe from the files area.

Does it work for you?

> The web page description needs updating too.

Anything in particular?

Thanks.

David Garner

David Garner

Oct 19, 2006, 8:41:27 PM10/19/06
to MB...@googlegroups.com
John,

Did I mention that I put the updated .zip on my web page?

David Garner

John Jacques

Oct 19, 2006, 9:06:24 PM10/19/06
to MB...@googlegroups.com
OK, got it, now it is a GUI- LOL last one was a console. The batch file
makes the .C file, but that is all. I used my normal context icon to
make
the executable and it runs. I don't have time to check it out.

John

David Garner

Oct 19, 2006, 10:01:36 PM10/19/06
to MB...@googlegroups.com
John,

> The batch file makes the .C file, but that is all.

Hmmm. I don't understand that. Did you run the batch file from a DOS
prompt?

Is your PellesC install in the standard default place? Did Ryan put it
someplace else?

Here's what I get:

C:\temp>c

C:\temp>rem make srcinden.exe Program for Pelles C

C:\temp>CALL "C:\Program Files\PellesC\Bin\povars32.bat"
Setting environment for Pelles C...
BCX-32: BASIC to C/C++ Translator by Kevin Diggins (c) 1999-2005 Ver 5.09
[Lines In: 1675] [Lines Out: 2808] [Statements: 1220] [Time: 0.06 sec's]
BCX translated SRCINDEN.BAS to SRCINDEN.C For a C Compiler

C:\temp>

And Here's what I get (less a couple of leftover files I zapped from the
listing that were not part of the process:

C:\temp>dir
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 7880-9C11

Directory of C:\temp

10/19/2006 08:48 PM <DIR> .
10/19/2006 08:48 PM <DIR> ..
10/19/2006 07:26 PM 400 c.bat
10/19/2006 07:01 PM 54,268 srcinden.bas
10/19/2006 08:48 PM 71,207 SRCINDEN.C
10/19/2006 08:48 PM 61,952 srcinden.exe
10/19/2006 08:48 PM 76,877 srcinden.obj
7 File(s) 95,469,219 bytes
2 Dir(s) 28,649,365,504 bytes free

C:\temp>

> I used my normal context icon to make the executable and it runs.

Glad you got it to compile and it works for you.

>I don't have time to check it out.

I understand that. I'd like to add option controls to selectively enable
the various processes that it performs. I'd still like to start with the
stock BCX and see what I can do to it and I'd like to do it in very
controlled steps this time. I don't know when I'll make time to do that
though.

David Garner