View this page "John Jacques Programming"

1 view

johnj...@yahoo.com

Oct 9, 2006, 7:58:34 PM10/9/06
to MB...@googlegroups.com
Test to see what the "PAGES" section is for. Can't wait to see the new FILE area!!!! Seems like these are only available when you click on the tiny link "BETA" near the top quarter of the main MBCX page.

Click on http://groups-beta.google.com/group/MBCX/web/john-jacques-programming - or copy &
paste it into your browser's address bar if that doesn't work.

David Garner

Oct 9, 2006, 8:16:54 PM10/9/06
to MB...@googlegroups.com
John,

> Test to see what the "PAGES" section is for.

Thanks for poking around on this.

Is this our Wiki?

It looks like the messages as they are presented on the web interface are
grouped (threaded) kind of like a forum does.

I can tell I still have a lot of learning to do.

David Garner

John Jacques

Oct 9, 2006, 8:21:42 PM10/9/06
to MB...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave, not sure what a WIKI is???

However, users in the google group have the ability to create WEB PAGES
and
upload files if they use the GOOGLE BETA link to access the group.

Also, the messages are much nicer in the beta viewer and can be sorted
too!

John

http://mail.yahoo.com

David Garner

Oct 9, 2006, 8:31:47 PM10/9/06
to MB...@googlegroups.com
John,

> Hi Dave, not sure what a WIKI is???

A Wiki is a shared web space where users are encouraged to collaboratively
create and correct pages. You can view the pages in a web browser like any
web site, but you can also edit the pages in your web browser. I'm new to
the technology myself, but it seems like a really useful paradigm. I've
created some Wiki pages at work to try and share some of the stuff I know
and to record the stuff I know before I forget the details.

http://www.wikipedia.org/ is the one I hear talked about the most.

David Garner

marc....@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2006, 8:47:28 PM10/9/06
to MBCX
I use jspwiki (same as Dave) and just recently switched to Confluence
as a wiki provider. They are extremely useful in a collaborative sense
as well as in a general information sharing framework.

This is actually a pretty neat set up with the pages here. It's a lot
like a wiki. I'll have to play around for a bit to see what it's all
about.

Give me a few.

Marc