So it begins...

BlueEyeMountain.com

Mar 8, 2009, 11:41:21 AM3/8/09
to Lynn Woods Bouldering Group
Spring is finally here and Darryl and I are hitting Lynn Woods.  I finally found the Bob Johnson boulders on Thursday and was quite impressed (one of them may be the best boulder in the park).  Apparently I need to do a lot more exploring on the south side.  We'll be parking at the Penny Brook Road entrance (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=42.476528,-70.986099&hl=en&geocode=&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=14&sll=42.48577,-70.995026&sspn=0.02785,0.054932&ie=UTF8&ll=42.477794,-70.986013&spn=0.027854,0.054932&z=14) and hiking into the area off the Comel Path.  From the north end of the field/basketball court at the Penny Brook Parking area, follow the path (Jackson) to the fire road.  Stay along the water on the fire road for a quarter mile or so until the road starts to climb left.  There's a path on the right side (Comel) that continues along the water.  Follow the Comel path for a minute until you pass a stream and then start heading up left from the path into the boulder field.  In a few minutes, once you reach the top of the hill, you should see a huge boulder.  If you are salivating uncontrollably, then you have found the first Bob Johnson boulder.

We'll probably be at the parking lot around 12:45 and staying out for a few hours.  From the Bob Johnson boulders, we'll probably be heading to Union Rock (on the map) which can be accessed from the fire road.

Jon

496.bmp

Matthew Drayer

Mar 8, 2009, 5:53:53 PM3/8/09
to blueeye...@live.com, lynnwoods...@googlegroups.com
Darn, sorry I missed you guys today!!!  I was at LW last weekend scoping out some of the bouldering spots located on the Brava map -- looking forward to getting out there this year!  Weather forecast is currently looking sweet for next weekend, we'll see if it stays that way as it gets closer.

Matt

--------------
Matthew Drayer
Marblehead, MA
mattd...@hotmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mattdrayer

From: BlueEye...@live.com
To: lynnwoods...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [LW Bouldering] So it begins...
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 11:41:21 -0400

Rich Baker

Mar 8, 2009, 6:50:25 PM3/8/09
to Matthew Drayer, blueeye...@live.com, lynnwoods...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jon and all,

Hope you guys had a good sesh. I'm psyched to check out some new
stuff. Actually that sounds like the area i hit with Pete last
spring. Really good stuff. Although I've got to pass on bouldering for
another week or so. I decided a few days ago that i should take at
least a week and a half to let the tendinitis in my elbow rest. It
started acting up about a month ago and i haven't really stayed off
it.

I did manage to get out surfing a day last week and then again
yesterday. Really good in RI. If I can't climb for a bit i'll be
looking for more waves in the meantime. Darryl and Danielle, get
ready, the water is still cold now but should be starting to warm up
soon.

Later,
Rich

Jerome Boutaud

Mar 8, 2009, 7:29:12 PM3/8/09
to Rich Baker, Matthew Drayer, blueeye...@live.com, lynnwoods...@googlegroups.com
Jon, Darryl,

Some awesome climbing today guys :) Some sweet lines were climbed.
Definitely some quality climbing over there.

Everyone else:
I recently quit my job so if you want to climb during the week lynn
woods or other, let me know, I am down :)

Jerome

Darryl Leonard

Mar 9, 2009, 10:02:52 AM3/9/09
to Jerome Boutaud, Rich Baker, Matthew Drayer, blueeye...@live.com, lynnwoods...@googlegroups.com
Ya, good time guys! With todays weather it is hard to believe we were bouldering in 60 degree temps yesterday.