Expanded and updated Map

Tim McGivern

May 30, 2017, 3:22:59 PM5/30/17
to Lynn Woods Bouldering

There is a new Lynn Woods Climbing Map that builds off the map from lynnwoodsbouldering.com that Big Jon put together. Dave TwardowskiLuis Felipe Gaviria and I have located and updated close to 98% of the climbing locations in the municipal park and beyond. This was a huge effort and Dave T deserves serious props. Boulders or cliffs with known access issues are not on this map.

The new map is on the Caltopo platform, so the data can be downloaded to a GPS app such as GAIA, or used to create custom maps. Combined with the MP app, you end up having a virtual guide on your phone.

Another important update is that names of boulders and problems have been coordinated with the Mountain Project page/database. This was done carefully with consideration of the original developers. The map is not perfect, but it is by far the best resource available for climbing at Lynn Woods at this time. It will also improve with time. If there are folks who are interested in improving the map, please let either me or Dave know.

caltopo.com/m/sh27

Peter Otis

May 30, 2017, 4:54:06 PM5/30/17
to Tim McGivern, lynnwoods...@googlegroups.com
Great work Dave, Tim, Big Jon, Luis and company. I got a few other areas that may yield some future problems for the map. Keep pulling down. Pete

May 30, 2017, 6:15:19 PM5/30/17
to Peter Otis, lynnwoods...@googlegroups.com
Good to hear Pete! I think we shared the "private land" map with you as well? That's where we are putting anything with access issues such as the PL, Hawkes Pond, Nells Pond, Ridge, Salem, etc. In my pretend fantasy world the new LCO will work on these.
Timothy J. McGivern