MetroRock Benefit for Rich Baker

BlueEyeMountain.com

May 16, 2010, 9:25:04 PM5/16/10
to Lynn Woods Bouldering
There is going to be a fund raiser for Rich Baker this Thursday, May
20th at MetroRock in Everett. In case you don't know, Rich was
diagnosed with a fast-growing brain tumor this past November. After
surgery and several rounds of chemotherapy and radiation, he is doing
pretty well and is starting to get out for some surfing and climbing.
However, he hasn't been able to work since November and his furnace
had to be replaced this past winter so it would be great if people
would attend the benefit on Thursday to help Rich out in whatever way
you can.

I'm going to try to get my Lynn Woods Bouldering Map ready to sell
there but I don't know if I'll be able to pull it off. The map will be
high-resolution, full-color, double-sided, and laminated, and all
proceeds will go to Rich. If I don't get it done in time, I will be
selling the maps on http://www.LynnWoodsBouldering.com this summer so
you will be able to donate to Rich using PayPal. Buying the map and/or
going to the benefit is a great way to thank Rich for all the work he
has done developing the great bouldering at Lynn Woods.

I hope you can make it Thursday between 6:30PM and 10:00PM. For
directions or more info, go to http://www.MetroRock.com and
http://metrorock.com/pdf/rich-baker-benefit.pdf

Jon

http://home.comcast.net/~blueeyemountain/images/Banner1/P7212530_fingerprint.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~blueeyemountain/images/Banner1/P8052569_fingerprint.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~blueeyemountain/images/Banner1/P7042344_fingerprint.jpg

--
Preserve Lynn Woods like it is your most-prized possession, but remember that it doesn't belong to you! What you do in Lynn Woods, even the actions that seem insignificant, affect us all. Leave the park as you find it and no one loses.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Lynn Woods Bouldering Google Group. To post to this group, simply send an email to LynnWoods...@googlegroups.com or reply to this email. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to LynnWoodsBoulde...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/LynnWoodsBouldering?hl=en. For bouldering maps and more Lynn Woods information, visit http://www.LynnWoodsBouldering.com.

BlueEyeMountain.com

May 20, 2010, 11:35:41 AM5/20/10
to Lynn Woods Bouldering
The Lynn Woods Bouldering map is ready for tonight's fundraiser. I'm
going to ask for a $10 donation to purchase the map. The price is
probably a little steep, but the map is really nice with a lot of full-
color photos of the best problems on one side and a very accurate map
of the park on the other side. It's also laminated so it looks shiny
(which people love) and it will last you a while. The reason I'm
asking for $10 right now is because I'm trying to send some money
Rich's way. All of the money, every cent, will be going to him. I'll
be paying for the paper, lamination, printing, etc. so you will really
just be giving Rich $10 and getting a map as a thank you. The map
would probably sell for 7 or 8 bucks in a store anyway so $10 is
really not that crazy.

I spoke to Pat Enright and apparently they are also having a used gear
sale on the mezzanine tonight too with all proceeds going to Rich.
I'm going to be selling a brand new pair of Grivel Rambo 2's for real
cheap. These technical ice climbing crampons sold for $200 but I'll
be selling them for less than half that. Brand new, never used. I
might have some other gear too, like a barely used Kelty baby-carrier
backpack. There will be many others selling nice gear too.

I hope you will stop by MetroRock tonight and show support for a local
climber who is taking on a lot right now and who also happens to be a
great person. Here is an easy chance for you to directly impact a
person's life in a positive way.

Thanks,
Jon