Spring 2009 Newsletter and Update

LuxMentis

May 17, 2009, 2:04:55 PM5/17/09
to Lux Mentis, Booksellers ~ Newsletter
Happy Early Spring. Things are finally drying out here and the garden
is beginning to bloom. We have had some wonderful collections come in
this winter and spring...and there are some great collections in the
pipeline. We debuted a remarkable collection of Hefner material,
undoubtedly the most significant in private hands, at the San
Francisco ABAA fair as well as a very deep collection of
Communications Company screeds. The New York ABAA fair saw new fine
press material, a wonderful collection of Ward prints inscribed by him
to Miriam B. Huber and a remarkable full leather art-bound case for
Kent's Lakeside Moby Dick.

Recently arrived material includes some important early Americana
ranging from an original letter from Washington's army headquarters, a
Dunlap imprint of the Treat of Paris and a Bailey printing of the
charges against Benedict Arnold. Additionally, we've had an amazing
collection of Geer's original art covering the span of his career. We
have been very lucky the last few months and are very excited to see
what the next few bring...

While the summer is slim on shows, please mark your calendars for the
fall. Our show schedule, at this point, is as follows:

Baltimore Summer Antique & Antiquarian Book Show
http://www.baltimoresummerantiques.com/Default_Main.asp)
Baltimore Conv. Center, Baltimore, MD - Sept. 3-6

Maine Antiquarian Book and Paper Show
http://www.flamingoeventz.com/
Wyndham Hotel, Portland, ME - Sept. 20

Seattle Antiquarian Book Fair and Book Arts Show
http://www.seattlebookfair.com/
Seattle Center Exhibition Hall, Seattle, WA - Oct. 10-11

33rd Annual Boston ABAA Book Fair
http://www.bostonbookfair.com/
Hynes Conv. Center, Boston, MA - Nov. 13-15

Finally, a reminder of our various online existences. Please find us
at the following:
Web: http://www.luxmentis.com
Blog: http://tinyurl.com/ru9kv
LinkedIn: http://tinyurl.com/pdnp7b
Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/8kg93g
Facebook Page: http://tinyurl.com/8qhynt
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LuxMentis

We hope to see you online...more so at one of the shows. As always,
please do not hesitate to contact us if and when we might be of
assistance.

Warm regards,
/ijk
--