Are you guys alive? What's in your garage?

RickL

Aug 20, 2009, 12:04:10 PM8/20/09
to LouVinMoto - St. Louis Vintage Motorcyclists
WHat is going on in LouVinMoto land? Anyone start a new project or
finish an old one? Anyone take a vintage bike on a long trip this
summer?

We missed you guys at VMD this year.

-RickL
www.VinMoto.org

p.s. I banned the spammer.

scotty-hugh

Aug 21, 2009, 10:08:27 AM8/21/09
to LouVinMoto - St. Louis Vintage Motorcyclists
Well, I bought a '71 BSA Lightning that looks like crap but is all
there unmolested. The engine though, is in great shape. I have a lot
of cosmetic work to do, but I'm riding it regularly. Had it up to 90+
on HW40 in the dead of night before the vibration induced unwanted
tumescence, but nothing came off which is a good sign. These old
vertical twins are certainly buzz bombs.

palerider

Aug 22, 2009, 10:10:25 AM8/22/09
to LouVinMoto - St. Louis Vintage Motorcyclists
It lives! Well I got a couple cb750 goin, my 72 xs650 restoration is
almost complete, my cb450 is back together after getting hit last
year, and I'm going to be working on the garage itself later today.
Had a short trip but a good time blowin the dust off the r75/5 this
summer for Gears Grease and Groves. Took the hot rod xs650 out for a
long ride that ended in me trying to pop start it on a steep gravel
road and the road won. Anyone out there have a straight stock xs650
dual petcock tank they will sell me for cheep? In my spare time I've
been helping out around Bobby Carver's Vespa shop. We've gone on some
pretty awesome outlaw scooter rides around the city. It's awesome
being a grown man and getting stoped by the cops for,"Terrin ass up
the street" and the cop can't even keep a straigth face about it.
Needless to say he let us go, I think we must have had those p's doin
every bit of 70. There isn't an industrial park, abandoned factory,
city park, or bike path around we havn't made our bitch.

Rock Harris

Aug 24, 2009, 12:11:18 PM8/24/09
to louvi...@googlegroups.com, LouVinMoto - St. Louis Vintage Motorcyclists
Just saw this. I happen to have an OIF BSA also ('72 Lightning). I've
had nothing but carb woes on it but I finally have it sorted out and
am doing a full "tune-up"/"sorting out"* on it. It runs, but I want it
to run nice.

And, yeah, it's a buzz-bomb.

Loud valves save lives!

* adjusting the valves, relubing ALL cables, getting clocks rebuilt,
checking all electrical connections, cleaning and adjusting clutch,
fluid change, pulling the blinkers (winkers?), etc....

Sent from my SuperPhone....

cole todorovich

Aug 24, 2009, 1:10:08 PM8/24/09
to louvi...@googlegroups.com
Lets have a  ride/meet up. I could have a bbq at my house i live right across from towergrove park. Or we could go to a bar or something anybody in?
cole
314 973 1444

akc

Aug 24, 2009, 1:29:28 PM8/24/09
to louvi...@googlegroups.com
I'm, but I'll be the loser in a car.  All my two wheelers are...  let's just say they're out of commission.

-Alex