'vintage' cutoff

scotty-hugh

Mar 25, 2012, 3:16:07 PM3/25/12
to LouVinMoto - St. Louis Vintage Motorcyclists
So, what's legitimately vintage? Could not find a de facto
definition. I've got a '71 BSA Lightning, and that's for sure
vintage. Also own a 1985 Suzuki RG 500 gamma. Vintage, forgotten
era, two headed calf, what? Don't want to ride the thing to a venue
and have people tut tut me for not bringing the right ride to the
event.

akc

Mar 25, 2012, 3:18:06 PM3/25/12
to louvi...@googlegroups.com
Anybody who says the Gamma isn't welcome ain't making the calls for any organization I'd want to be a part of. That thing's awesome!

Steven

Mar 25, 2012, 3:40:40 PM3/25/12
to louvi...@googlegroups.com

ah, Gamma doesn't count. I will buy it from you, at a substantial loss, so you can replace it with something "vintage".

Steven

> --

Steven.vcf

john62232

Mar 25, 2012, 4:49:42 PM3/25/12
to LouVinMoto - St. Louis Vintage Motorcyclists
From what I have seen its anything 30 years old or older. That said,
bring what you want. I want to go to see all the difern't bikes. Don't
let anyone act smug with you. Thats why I usually dont join clubs.

Rock Harris

Mar 25, 2012, 5:30:06 PM3/25/12
to louvi...@googlegroups.com, LouVinMoto - St. Louis Vintage Motorcyclists
There are varying interpretations. Usually, official clubs have lots around 25 years. The AMCA has a 35 year minimum. But with a group like this, it's all relative.

It's about the bike and the experience, not the "rules."

I'd love to see that lightning. I got one of my own. Red. Don't know what the original color was. Maybe red.....

Sent from my BatPhone....

palerider

Mar 26, 2012, 9:16:35 AM3/26/12
to LouVinMoto - St. Louis Vintage Motorcyclists
25 years or older you can get historic vehicle plates. historic
plates have one time $25 lifetime registration and you can register a
historic MO state plate to the vehicle. http://dor.mo.gov/motorv/historic.php