LouVinMoto soundoff

Mondo Revolver

Jan 25, 2011, 1:34:16 PM1/25/11
to louvi...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

       I know it's cold out, but i thought this might be a good time to do some planning for 2011. So lets start with a sound off, anyone interested in being involved with this group just give a quick reply. Just a baseline to see where we are.

          thanks
         Patrick

akc

Jan 25, 2011, 1:35:37 PM1/25/11
to louvi...@googlegroups.com
I'm in, running bike or no.

-Alex

George Saunders

Jan 25, 2011, 1:41:48 PM1/25/11
to louvi...@googlegroups.com
I'm still here and sounding off!

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Mondo Revolver <cure...@gmail.com> wrote:

George Saunders
Motorrad of St.Louis
5745 Dale Ave.
St.Louis Mo. 63110
314.732.0357 fax314.647.7670
www.motorradstl.com

jbrin...@trivers.com

Jan 25, 2011, 2:23:42 PM1/25/11
to louvi...@googlegroups.com

I’m up for it.

Joe B.

Rock Harris

Jan 25, 2011, 2:58:11 PM1/25/11
to louvi...@googlegroups.com
I am still interested.

Sent from my SuperPhone....

Andy Colligan

Jan 25, 2011, 3:51:46 PM1/25/11
to louvi...@googlegroups.com
I'm in, finally going to get my bikes out of mothballs.

Andrew

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 10:34:16 -0800
From: cure...@gmail.com
To: louvi...@googlegroups.com
Subject: LouVinMoto soundoff

George Saunders

Jan 25, 2011, 3:53:49 PM1/25/11
to louvi...@googlegroups.com
Is my '90 K100 LT too vintage? Or is it just vintage enough?  It will do the ton.

Rock Harris

Jan 25, 2011, 4:08:58 PM1/25/11
to louvi...@googlegroups.com, louvi...@googlegroups.com
I doubt you can get TOO vintage. I have. '72 BSA lightning and a '76 HD FLH.....

Sent from my SuperPhone....

Mondo Revolver

Jan 26, 2011, 11:36:35 AM1/26/11
to louvi...@googlegroups.com
hey guys,
  thanks for replying, this practice was a bit underwelming, but what are you gonna do.

    anyway, i just wanted to let you guys know il be up at the Royal tomorrow aroung 6:00.
il meeting up with Ricks brother John and you are all welcome to join us if you can make it.

 thanks
patrick

STLrocker

Jan 30, 2011, 11:46:35 AM1/30/11
to LouVinMoto - St. Louis Vintage Motorcyclists
im up for something. should have a new ride ready very soon.

james

Jan 31, 2011, 4:37:52 PM1/31/11
to LouVinMoto - St. Louis Vintage Motorcyclists
Hey... I'm in. My '71 CB350 is not currently running, but I'm working
on changing that. I'd love to meet others who have been doing this
stuff for a while.

Also, I get the impression that the guys over at Flying Tiger are
interested in community building. Are they already on here? Should we
connect with them in some way? Are there old, personal rivalries at
hand regarding those guys and others on here that I don't know about?
There typically were in the STL scooter scene when I was riding with
those groups regularly.

James

Mondo Revolver

Feb 1, 2011, 1:23:57 AM2/1/11
to louvi...@googlegroups.com
haha, "community buliding" is code for druming up business.

 if your looking for a good shop check out Motorrad, tell em i sent you, il get a discount.

Flynn

Feb 2, 2011, 4:59:19 PM2/2/11
to LouVinMoto - St. Louis Vintage Motorcyclists
I'm down to 50cc chinese scooter but looking to upgrade soon. I'm in.
Steve Flynn

George Saunders

Feb 3, 2011, 12:06:30 PM2/3/11
to louvi...@googlegroups.com
I feel like I should chime in here.  I don't personally know the flying tiger people but I think we should include anyone that has an interest unless others on the list have had bad experiences or if they're just big DB's or if they're male pretending to be female or so on.
Just my two cents
George

akc

Feb 3, 2011, 1:47:01 PM2/3/11
to louvi...@googlegroups.com
Unless you *know* they're male pretending to be female, and that's you thing. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

In all seriousness, though, I don't doubt the sincerity of Flying Tiger's desire to assist with community building. The fact of the matter is, nobody's in the bike business to get rich, they're in it because they love it (or at least they did when they started...) And it's in every rider's best interest to help each other out and build the community in any way available.

Bring 'em on, I say.

-Alex

Rock Harris

Feb 3, 2011, 2:33:20 PM2/3/11
to louvi...@googlegroups.com, louvi...@googlegroups.com
I agree completely. We only know it's sincere by including them (and others) into our reindeer games.

Sent from my SuperPhone....

cure...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2011, 2:48:01 PM2/3/11
to louvi...@googlegroups.com
I don't know them, Have nothing against them. Everyone is welcome here. I'm just looking at them as one of the multiple Johnny come latly "vintage"  shops springing up

James King

Feb 3, 2011, 5:33:04 PM2/3/11
to louvi...@googlegroups.com
Well, since I'm a James come lately, myself, I'd have to say I'm glad there are people to meet who have been doing this for a long time; who have long held an interest in something I'm just discovering... also for when I need some advice, or just want to show off my hard work. I'm also glad, though, there are enthusiastic newcomers (like yours truly) to keep whatever semblance of a "scene" that might exist in this town alive, growing and changing. I mean, isn't it great that there are vintage shops springing up, a tv show about cafe builders around the nation, and more people getting into vintage bikes? Better than being nothing but a midwestern Harley town, or a bunch of rich idiots popping wheelies and peeling out on the donorcycles they don't know how to ride, if you ask me.

Besides... I don't think too many people are opening up shops in STL fresh off their first barn find. I, personally, am waiting until after my second one before I announce that I've quit my job to become an internationally known custom vintage bike builder to the stars.

cole todorovich

Feb 3, 2011, 7:46:18 PM2/3/11
to louvi...@googlegroups.com
I'll have my head counted as someone interested in this group.
Cole
72 cb450

Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 16:33:04 -0600
Subject: Re: LouVinMoto soundoff
From: jam...@gmail.com
To: louvi...@googlegroups.com

akc

Feb 3, 2011, 7:46:47 PM2/3/11
to louvi...@googlegroups.com
Where do I sign up to invest? Sounds like a sure thing!