Lotus Eleven front drums

gatesy

Aug 14, 2011, 8:18:38 AM8/14/11
to Lotus History
Does anybody know what backplates/shoes/cylinders and drums were
fitted to the front of the Club Elevens?

Thanks

Stewart Smith

Aug 15, 2011, 10:19:58 AM8/15/11
to lotus-...@googlegroups.com
The drums are Nash Metropolitan or Bedford van. The shoes are the same as a GT-6 Triumph (Moss has them) and the cylinders are the same. Back plates are Nash/Bedford van but can be easily reproduced by any fabrication shop (and you can get airflow built in!)

I am home from the track between the Pre-reunion and the Reunion in Monterey and the spare cylinders are there...if you can wait until next Monday I will send you the parts numbers.

Cheers,

Stewart Smith 122 National St. Santa Cruz, California, 95060 831-423-0732 bus & fax 831-423-4410 home

> Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 05:18:38 -0700
> Subject: Lotus Eleven front drums
> From: angr...@aol.com
> To: lotus-...@googlegroups.com

> Does anybody know what backplates/shoes/cylinders and drums were
> fitted to the front of the Club Elevens?
>
> Thanks

Vic Thomas

Aug 15, 2011, 6:43:15 PM8/15/11
to lotus-...@googlegroups.com
I believe that the back plates are Ford Consul
and the drums Triumph TR2.
Mike Brotherwood can probably supply a kit of parts
For a complete front brake.

Best Regards
VFT

Aug 15, 2011, 8:22:59 PM8/15/11
to lotus-...@googlegroups.com
I have old original Girling books that list the part numbers and you could then cross them over to verify what VFT has stated. Where are you located?

Roger

Stewart Smith

Aug 16, 2011, 10:31:10 AM8/16/11
to lotus-...@googlegroups.com
Oops...the front of eleven clubs. My bad. I answered for rear.

Cheers,

Stewart

To: lotus-...@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Lotus Eleven front drums
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 20:22:59 -0400

Vic Thomas

Aug 17, 2011, 6:44:46 PM8/17/11
to lotus-...@googlegroups.com
"verify what I stated"  ?
I helped a guy build a Club in 1958 and that is what they were !!!
VFT

Roger Sieling

Aug 17, 2011, 11:48:11 PM8/17/11
to HLR Lotus
Vic,

I would certainly assume that to have been the case, even before you said so. However, someone needing replacement cylinders, rebuild kits, shoes etc is going to need the Girling numbers to confirm they have the correct pieces. Not many of us is going to run down to the local breakers and source a set of brakes today, especially not on this side of the pond.

Hope you and Mary are well and playing lots of tennis. We changed the final drive in 4DTN before going back to Put-in-Bay this year and won the impromptu demonstration race. Great fun loading a couple of days essentials into an Eleven, driving it to the ferry, crossing over to the island and driving and racing it for a couple of days before ferrying it back to the mainland and back home. A true adventure.

Roger

From: victor...@virgin.net
To: lotus-...@googlegroups.com
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 23:44:46 +0100