Help with front antiroll bar plus other

Martin

Oct 4, 2011, 6:39:07 PM10/4/11
to Lotus History
Hello everyone,

I would appreciate if any member of this group could assist with the
following information:
1) thickness (approximate will be fine) of the front suspension anti
roll bar on a S2 Eleven
2) origin (ie donor car) of door latches and where to get them from.

Many thanks
Martin

Vic Thomas

Oct 6, 2011, 3:33:14 AM10/6/11
to lotus-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Martin
I have just measured the bar on my Seven Series1 [with Climax and deDion it
is "an S2 XI in Sevens clothing" }
and it is 5/8 inch. Elevens would be the same.
I have never solved which car the XI door catches were ever fitted to
[prewar Morgan?] but I did get a pattern made many years ago for
reproduction.
I will see if the firm can still make them.
More later.
Please could you tell me which XI you have ?
Best regards
VFT
Note future new e-mail address
Lotus...@btinternet.com