Group Administration

Peter Ross

Dec 31, 2006, 2:55:41 PM12/31/06
to Lotus History
I am the "owner" of this group, which means that if anything goes wrong
it is my fault!

I am sure the good people at Google do an excellent job, and we are all
grateful to them for providing the facility for us to have this
discussion group, but one or two things have gone wrong recently and I
need your help to ensure that we get things right.

1. If you send a message to the group and it does not appear, please
send me an e-mail message. The Google people are supposed to intercept
messages that they think might be SPAM and to let me know so that I can
"moderate"; but as I get about 200 SPAM messages per day it is possible
that the Google messages sometimes get filtered out. The message from
"Yeoey" on 17th December is an example.

2. If you see a message that has clearly nothing to do with this group
(such as the recent one asking about "Lotus exams") please let me know.
I DID respond to the Google request to moderate that message, but for
some reason it was not removed.

3. Messages inviting you to sell your car on their website have no
place in this group and I have removed the latest one. I did not see
it until today.

Please help me to help you.

With best wishes for a rewarding New Year.

Peter Ross

Charles Helps

Nov 23, 2012, 10:51:04 AM11/23/12
to lotus-...@googlegroups.com, Lotus History, pete...@crystalengineering.fsbusiness.co.uk
Peter Ross has asked me to take over as owner of this group.  I hope that I will be able to manage it with the same light touch that Peter has displayed over the last seven or so years.  Many thanks, Peter, for all your work over this time

Charles

Jentwistle3

Nov 23, 2012, 10:53:23 AM11/23/12
to lotus-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the note Charles, good luck!

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 23, 2012, at 10:51 AM, Charles Helps <charle...@btopenworld.com> wrote:

Peter Ross has asked me to take over as owner of this group.  I hope that I will be able to manage it with the same light touch that Peter has displayed over the last seven or so years.  Many thanks, Peter, for all your work over this time

Charles

Andrew Bradshaw

Nov 23, 2012, 12:23:34 PM11/23/12
to lotus-...@googlegroups.com
Told you Charles LOL andy
On 23 Nov 2012, at 15:51, Charles Helps wrote:

Peter Ross has asked me to take over as owner of this group.  I hope that I will be able to manage it with the same light touch that Peter has displayed over the last seven or so years.  Many thanks, Peter, for all your work over this time

Charles

Bob Engberg

Nov 23, 2012, 12:35:40 PM11/23/12
to lotus-...@googlegroups.com
Good luck did a good job. Hope all is well. Bob

Sent from my iPad

Stewart Smith

Nov 23, 2012, 1:07:50 PM11/23/12
to lotus-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for taking over, and thanks to Peter for all of his work. Cheers.

Stewart Smith 122 National St. Santa Cruz, California, 95060 831-423-0732 bus & fax 831-423-4410 home

Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 07:51:04 -0800
From: charle...@btopenworld.com
To: lotus-...@googlegroups.com
CC: Lotus-...@googlegroups.com; pete...@crystalengineering.fsbusiness.co.uk