Marked Final Recommendations Version 2

Bill Logue

Oct 28, 2010, 10:34:32 PM10/28/10
to longfello...@googlegroups.com

Dear Task Force members,

Attached are the final recommendations. I have reviewed all the suggestions emailed. I accepted changes in the document sent Sunday then tracked changes based on the final comments (I omitted tracking changes to typos, grammar, etc,). Almost all suggestions are incorporated, although sometimes in a different place than suggested. Virtually all changes clarified or deepened without making a substantive change.

In some instances it is clear that I summarized the level of agreement in a way that did not capture it correctly. The most significant area is on the unanimity of moving the abutment walls (this was easily changed) the other is on the issue of proceeding on the bridge if the connections work has the potential to risk delays and their consequences. On that I just didn’t capture it right. I have tried to reflect that there is wide and strong support for the approaches/parklands work. For some, support of the cross-sections is contingent on that other work. For others, the issue and complexity means pursuing them both but don’t hold up the bridge work.

I firmly believe this document provides a very clear record of where you are and will be an invaluable guide to MassDOT in the EA analysis and beyond. I plan to accept changes and Abbie will transmit it early next week.  Please take the time to sign the signature page at Abbie’s office by close of business Monday if you have not already done so.

At some point, and we have reached that point, we have to wrap up and end this work. Recommendations such as these are packages of agreements which the group can support. There may be aspects that you feel should be more prominent, others could be downplayed/omitted or others included. However, doing so on your behalf would diminish the support of the recommendations from other members. When we arrive at this delicate balance it tells we have done the best we can. If on reading this there is something you cannot live with you have two choices. You can decide not to sign or ask that your signature be whited out. Alternatively you can sign and write a side letter directly from your organization to MassDOT noting the specific issue or language of concern.

Once again, thank you it has been a privilege to be in your service over these last months,

Bill, Loraine and Don

William DeVane Logue, JD

Senior Affiliate

Massachusetts Office of Public Collaboration, UMass Boston (MODR)

Telephone: 860-521-9122

Email: Bi...@LogueGroup.com

image001.png
Longfellow Bridge Task Force Final Recommendations - Marked version #2 10-28-2010.pdf

Wendy Landman

Nov 8, 2010, 5:31:26 PM11/8/10
to longfello...@googlegroups.com
Bill -
Has a final final version gone out?
Thanks
Wendy
--

Wendy Landman | WalkBoston
T: 617.367.9255 | F: 617.367.9285 | wlan...@walkboston.org

Click here to join or renew your membership:  http://www.walkboston.org/support/membership.htm
image001.png

Goodman, Abbie

Nov 9, 2010, 3:15:08 PM11/9/10
to longfello...@googlegroups.com

TO:  Longfellow Bridge Task Force Members

FR:  Abbie Goodman

I apologize for the delay in getting the final report officially out.  Due to the illnesses of a couple of task force members, we were missing a couple of signatures, which I expect to have by tomorrow morning at the latest.  Then we’ll get the final report officially to MassDOT and to all of you.

image001.png

Barbara Broussard

Nov 9, 2010, 5:25:13 PM11/9/10
to longfello...@googlegroups.com
Who is required to sign?

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 9, 2010, at 3:15 PM, "Goodman, Abbie" <agoo...@engineers.org> wrote:

TO:  Longfellow Bridge Task Force Members

FR:  Abbie Goodman

I apologize for the delay in getting the final report officially out.  Due to the illnesses of a couple of task force members, we were missing a couple of signatures, which I expect to have by tomorrow morning at the latest.  Then we’ll get the final report officially to MassDOT and to all of you.

Herb Nolan

Nov 10, 2010, 12:13:46 PM11/10/10
to longfello...@googlegroups.com

Hi Abby,

We would like to know as soon as possible if parkland approaches on either side of the river are being included in the EA.  I know the design team was working hard on the permitting approach and time line.

Herb

image001.png