Re: A good moment to count traffic on the Charles River bridges

Paiewonsky, Luisa (DOT)

Nov 18, 2010, 10:34:48 PM11/18/10
to longfello...@googlegroups.com

Hi Wendy,
MassDOT is doing traffic counts as part of the project. It appears that people are using I-93 and other designated detour routes, as we expected.
Hope everyone is well - Happy Thanksgiving!
Luisa

Nov 19, 2010, 9:06:29 AM11/19/10
to longfello...@googlegroups.com
Hey Commish, got you message yesterday.  You never sent that letter.  The language in it was acceptable to the City per our law Department so if you were inclined to send it I think that would be great.  Hope your well.  T

Nov 19, 2010, 9:08:17 AM11/19/10
to longfello...@googlegroups.com
OOPS, Sorry for sending all of you my email to Commissioner Paiewonsky.  Tom Tinlin

Nov 19, 2010, 3:55:19 PM11/19/10
to longfello...@googlegroups.com
Luisa -
Thanks, and we are very glad to hear that counts are underway. I would echo Steve's comments that maybe this natural experiment is showing us some interesting possibilities, and also showing us how well MassDOT can manage complicated construction impacts on traffic.
Wendy