Some modest proposals

steve...@hklaw.com

Oct 21, 2010, 5:14:19 PM10/21/10
to longfello...@googlegroups.com
Here are three suggestions/questions re the 10/18 Draft Recommendations:

P 8 The third bullet from the bottom on the draft says that the design would allow "the streetlights and crash barriers to be combined into a single line." However, what we have referred to as "crash barriers" are between the sidewalk and the vehicles (wherever the bikes end up), and all of the graphics depict the streetlights as being on the fence/barrier between the roadway and the MBTA reservation. Accordingly, the language should be clarified to specifically state where the lights are intended to be.

P 18 The third bullet from the top refers to investigating the use of a crash barrier "narrower than 2 feet." The graphics, however, depict 1' 6" barriers. Thus it appears as though "2 feet" should be replaced with "1 foot 6 inches."

P 18 The full paragraph at the bottom of the page includes the statement "Many believe that addressing the restrictions created by Charles Circle would remove the queing issues on the bridge which create...." Although I am an optimistic person, neither I, nor I suspect any other task force member, really believes queing issues will end once the Charles Circle constraints are addressed. Thus I suggest amending that language to say "could help relieve the queing on the bridge which creates...."

That's it. Thanks to all for participating in what I think we all agree was a very instructive and productive process.

Steve

Stephen Young | Holland & Knight
Partner
10 St. James Avenue, 11th Floor | Boston MA 02116
Phone 617.573.5833 | Fax 617.523.6850
steve...@hklaw.com<mailto:steve...@hklaw.com> | www.hklaw.com<http://www.hklaw.com/>
Add to address book<http://www.hklaw.com/vcard.aspx?user=Syoung> | View professional biography<http://www.hklaw.com/id77/biosSyoung>

To ensure compliance with Treasury Regulations (31 CFR Part 10, Sec. 10.35), we inform you that any tax advice contained in this correspondence was not intended or written by us to be used, and cannot be used by you or anyone else, for the purpose of avoiding penalties imposed by the Internal Revenue Code.

NOTE: This e-mail is from a law firm, Holland & Knight LLP ("H&K"), and is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. If you believe you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete the e-mail from your computer and do not copy or disclose it to anyone else. If you are not an existing client of H&K, do not construe anything in this e-mail to make you a client unless it contains a specific statement to that effect and do not disclose anything to H&K in reply that you expect it to hold in confidence. If you properly received this e-mail as a client, co-counsel or retained expert of H&K, you should maintain its contents in confidence in order to preserve the attorney-client or work product privilege that may be available to protect confidentiality.