Marked final recommendations

Bill Logue

Oct 24, 2010, 10:19:44 PM10/24/10
to longfello...@googlegroups.com

Dear Task Force members,

Here are the recommendations with edits based on the Final meeting on the 21st. I have accepted basic grammatical changes to ease review. Substantive changes are highlighted. Once the final pagination is in place I will put in a table of contents.

We believe we have captured everything. If there is something that needs clarification, please note it and if it does not create a substantive change we will incorporate it. Given that we will not be meeting again, if there is something in here you absolutely cannot live with, please suggest a sentence or two that captures your differing opinion. Feel free to call me if you want to discuss the issue - in most situations I think that your concern may be already captured somewhere in the document. The less frequently such issues are sprinkled throughout the document, the stronger it is.

Please send any comments by close of business Wednesday. If you have not already signed the signature page, please stop by The Engineering Center at One Walnut Street on Beacon Hill to sign (corner of Beacon Street and Walnut Street, across from the Frog Pond on Boston Common).   Abbie will have the signature page available with their receptionist on the first floor of One Walnut Street through the end of the day on Thursday.  The recommendations will be transmitted with a cover letter from Abbie at the end of the week.

Thank you all for your patience and hard work through all the meetings. The result is something to be proud of.

Bill

William DeVane Logue, JD

Senior Affiliate

Massachusetts Office of Public Collaboration, UMass Boston (MODR)

Telephone: 860-521-9122

Email: Bi...@LogueGroup.com

image001.png
Longfellow Bridge Task Force Final Recommendations - Marked version for review.pdf

Bob O'Brien

Oct 27, 2010, 1:18:16 PM10/27/10
to Bill Logue, longfello...@googlegroups.com
Bill,

With congratulations to all concerned on a job well done, attached hereto are our final comments on the draft final recommendations of the Longfellow Bridge Rehabilitation Task Force

Regards,

Bob

Robert B. O'Brien, Executive Director
Downtown North Association
c/o CBT Architects
110 Canal Street
Boston, MA  02114

comments on the draft final recommendations of the longfellow bridge rehabilitation task force.doc
image001.png
Longfellow Bridge Task Force Final Recommendations - Marked version for review.pdf

David Watson

Oct 27, 2010, 4:27:24 PM10/27/10
to longfello...@googlegroups.com

Bill:

Thank you for all the hard work pulling this together – I think you’ve done a great job synthesizing the alternatives and comments.  I would also like to express my appreciation to my fellow Task Force members for so thoughtfully sharing their opinions and considering all of our viewpoints.  I’m limiting my comments here to things that have not already been mentioned by others.

On page 16, I suggest the following addition to this bullet:

Analyze opportunities for use of HOV lanes in two lane alternatives and lane conversions during non-peak

times, weekends, holidays and events.  Bicycling advocates do not support any alternative that fails to provide exclusive space for bicycles at all times and on all days.

Please also correct MassBike’s name in the list of members (and anywhere else it appears) – like WalkBoston, we have no space in our name.

David Watson

Executive Director

MassBike

171 Milk Street, Suite 33

Boston, MA 02109

Phone: 617-542-BIKE (2453)

Fax: 617-542-6755

Email: da...@massbike.org

The Massachusetts Bicycle Coalition promotes a bicycle-friendly environment, and encourages bicycling for fun, fitness, and transportation.

Visit us at www.massbike.org.  Not a member?  Click here to to join.

image001.png