Lane Width Clarification for the MassPike Extension

Getchell, Amy (DOT)

Oct 20, 2010, 10:37:53 AM10/20/10
to Longfello...@googlegroups.com
Dear Longfellow Task Force Members,

At past Task Force meetings there has been some discussions related to roadway lane widths in the Metro Boston area.  Some members have stated that the lane widths on the MassPike Extension (I-90) are 10 feet wide.  I have spoken to the District 6 staff who oversee the section of the MassPike Extension from the Weston tolls to East Boston.   I have confirmed that the lane widths are 12 feet except in the following  two locations:
  • The 4-lane section of the Prudential Tunnel is 11 feet
  • The westerly portal area at Mass Ave and Boylston is 11 feet
I hope this will help to clarify conversations during the last Task Force meeting on Thursday.

Regards,
Amy

Amy Getchell
Charles River Basin Coordinator/Project Manager
Charles River Basin Accelerated Bridge Program
Massachusetts Department of Transportation
---Highway Division
amy.ge...@state.ma.us
www.massdot.state.ma.us/charlesriverbridges/