how to install wine

1 view

manu balakrishnapillai

Jun 21, 2006, 2:53:56 AM6/21/06
to Linu...@googlegroups.com

how i can install wine to run windows applications... what all i shoukd do... somebosy help me since am a beginer in Linux...

Thanks to Sam for helping me in his busy schedules....

thanking u

manu

Sailaja Mulakaluri

Jun 21, 2006, 3:30:29 AM6/21/06
to Linu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manu,
            You get the latest wine tools and wine rpm's depending on ur Operating system and install them.
After installation, login as user(not root pls) and then type wt. Then u will have to go through the steps like
1. vraeting a fake windows drive.
2. installing system software.
All the softwrae that is downloaded will be stored in /home/user/winetools/sys
So, If u have a dump i mean a cd content what u want to install, pls place it in that folder and just run wine urprogram.exe....
for further help, pls mail back...
Hope this is helpful to u.
I am always availabale at yahoo. My is is sailu_mvn

Best Regards,
Sailaja.Mulakaluri

manu balakrishnapillai

Jun 22, 2006, 11:15:51 AM6/22/06
to Linu...@googlegroups.com

Dear friends,,

I finally installed wine and wine tools(With the help of sailaja)... . She really helped me a lot even she was very busy.... I am thankful to her for that.... its reallly amaizing... now am trying to install visual studio... If somebody can help, please help me....

once agin thanks to "sailaja"....
regards,

manu