Re: Re: how to install wine-help

manu balakrishnapillai

Jun 21, 2006, 7:50:56 AM6/21/06
to Linu...@googlegroups.com

somebody pls help me in installing wine... i installed that rpm after that what should i do....

pls help

Clovis Tristão

Jun 21, 2006, 8:26:00 AM6/21/06
to Linu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manu,

run wine <application>, example wine winword.exe

Clóvis
--
Clóvis Tristão
-------------------:-oo)----

manu balakrishnapillai

Jun 21, 2006, 8:50:50 AM6/21/06
to Linu...@googlegroups.com

dear friends,

i just clicked in the rpm(wine) then i think its got installed.. (I don't know is there any configuration needed).Then i copied the exe to a folder /home/manu. there is an exe in the folder named "tata.exe". Then i typed "wine tata.exe"..... then am getting some errors which says

cp:cannot stat /usr/share/fonts/wine/*.ttf': no such file or directory
wine:wineprefixcreate failed while creatinf '/home/manu/.wine'

i don't know what should i do.... is there any configuration needed.. pls help me.. i am in a cutting edge...

reagrds

manu

Clovis Tristão

Jun 21, 2006, 9:14:39 AM6/21/06
to Linu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manu,

I use very little the Wine suggest this site http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/index.
I made a test with some programs and I functioned, I installed in a machine with Fedora Core Release 4, using the command yum install wine *.
I typed :

test_machine% wine <application.exe>

 Cheers,

Clóvis