Linux without a boot loader

daniellopez21

Dec 18, 2007, 6:59:34 AM12/18/07
to Linux OS
I can load linux without boot loader ? All hard disk is for Linux OS,
and no other operating systems

kiran kumar

Mar 16, 2015, 1:46:15 AM3/16/15
to linu...@googlegroups.com, Linu...@googlegroups.com

HI I am trying to build libmodbus on my fedora system. I was told to do suitable changes so that instead of GCC compiler my customised compiler would be used.
I did following steps:
./configure
make
Inside make file it said CC = gcc
 then i changed the environment variable/path in bashrc[ inside etc the path that contain compiler's binary]
When i type which 'CC' on on my terminal it say

 /usr/bin/which: no CC in (/usr/lib/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/lib/
ccache:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/opt/buildroot/build_xtensa_c1lx2/staging_dir/usr/bin:/home/sachin/.local/bin:/home/sachin/bin:/opt/buildroot/build_xtensa_c1lx2/staging_dir/usr/bin:/opt/buildroot/build_xtensa_c1lx2/staging_dir/usr/bin)

Above highlighted is the path to my compiler and when I look inside my makefile it shows CC = gcc and LD = /usr/bin/ld i want them to say xtensa_c1lx2-linux-uclibc-gcc  that is my compiler. Any suggestions will be appreciated and i am new to linux environment.

and also i did CC=path and LD=path in the terminal......non were useful