SMBMOUNT permissions

manu balakrishnapillai

Jun 27, 2006, 12:53:21 AM6/27/06
to Linu...@googlegroups.com

dear friends,,,,

I have a Workgroup with one WinXP manchine and one Redhat9 system. I have shared a directory on my winXp with all permissions. On my linux box, I have Samba Running. I can use the "Network Servers" from the menu ( GUI ) of the linux and I am able to see the share from Winxp and I am able to read and write to that folder.

I used SMBMOUNT to mount the directory to my linux box with command from root.
smbmount //<winxpsysname>/d /home/<username>/winshare -o rw

This commands works.
the write permission is only given to the root and while I try to change the permission to give full rights to all, its not working.

chmod 777 -R /home/<username>/*

Pls advice on how to give full rights to all the users for this SMB mounted directory as well as the directories under the mount point.

Thanks in advance