How many laptop groups are there?

Charles Céleste Hutchins

Jun 2, 2011, 7:07:18 AM6/2/11
to LiGr...@googlegroups.com
BiLE is in the very early planning stages of a "Network Music"
festival in Birmingham which would take place in January. This would
be for laptop groups that communicate on a network, whether in the
same room or in telepresence. We have no idea how many such groups
exists in the UK or in Europe. Does anyone have a guess? Would your
group potentially be interested in performing at such a festival?

I'm hoping this email list eventually reaches all or most laptop groups...

cheers,
Les

--
Charles Céleste Hutchins
http://www.berkeleynoise.com/celesteh/podcast/

Curtis Mckinney

Jun 2, 2011, 8:09:43 AM6/2/11
to Live Group Computer Performance
There's my group, which you saw(well you saw my end at least) perform
at the SC symposium. Currently our name is LAG, but we'll probably be
changing it in the near future. Current website: lagensemble.com . I'd
be really interested to see how many groups are out there. We would of
course be very interested in performing at this theoretical festival.
Hope NIME went well, sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!

On Jun 2, 12:07 pm, Charles Céleste Hutchins <celes...@gmail.com>

Patrick B.

Jun 2, 2011, 12:58:40 PM6/2/11
to Live Group Computer Performance
Well and there's our group too, who performed right after LAG at the
SC Symposium :-).

Our Website is http://www.the-mandelbrots.de, our name is Benoît and
the Mandelbrots and we do live coding.

A festival of this kind sounds cool. Some guys are preparing one in
italy this July. I don't know if anyone from them is in this group
yet:
http://www.laboratorioarazzi.it/festival.php?lang=en

cheers,
Patrick

Alex Dowling

Jun 4, 2011, 7:29:50 PM6/4/11
to Live Group Computer Performance
Hi all,

I'm in the process of setting up the Dublin Laptop Orchestra at the
moment with the help of Dan Trueman.
We've got a bunch of hemispherical speakers on the way, as dan
mentioned in one of the other topics, and have a first performance
lined up for mid-july.
We're interested in folk music (particularly Irish and Scandinavian)
and bringing a lot of physicality into performance. These areas would
probably be our main focus.
We will be doing stuff over wireless networks, so a Network Music
festival sounds great!

cheers,
Alex

On Jun 2, 5:58 pm, "Patrick B." <patr...@borgeat.de> wrote:
> Well and there's our group too, who performed right after LAG at the
> SC Symposium :-).
>
> Our Website ishttp://www.the-mandelbrots.de, our name is Benoît and

David Ogborn

Jun 10, 2011, 2:35:39 PM6/10/11
to Live Group Computer Performance
At McMaster University in Ontario, Canada we have the Cybernetic
Orchestra, for about a year and a half now and at least 8 public
engagements (I may have forgotten some) - many of which have been
before relatively large, open and "unfamiliar" audiences. We do a lot
of live coding, we recruit from as heterogenous a pool as possible,
and we use a heterogenous and expanding collection of different
loudspeakers. Our website is here: esp.mcmaster.ca although I think
it is a bit out of date re: the stuff we've been up to in the past six
months... have to get on that!

Yours truly,
David

kala

Sep 4, 2012, 11:35:04 AM9/4/12
to LiGr...@googlegroups.com

 The Galaxy S2 was recently announced as the manufacturer's best selling smartphone, and is fast becoming the handset of choice for those who are looking for an alternative to the iPhone 4S.

 .http://latestmobileforyou.blogspot.in/

subha kala

Sep 4, 2012, 12:22:47 PM9/4/12
to LiGr...@googlegroups.com

Charles Céleste Hutchins

Sep 4, 2012, 3:59:52 PM9/4/12
to ligr...@googlegroups.com
I'm turning on moderation for new members to cut out the spamming.

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 5:22 PM, subha kala <bska...@gmail.com> wrote:

 The Galaxy S2 was recently announced as the manufacturer's best selling smartphone, and is fast becoming the handset of choice for those who are looking for an alternative to the iPhone 4S.

 .http://latestmobileforyou.blogspot.in/

--
cheers,
Les

--
Charles Céleste Hutchins

http://www.berkeleynoise.com/celesteh/podcast/
http://www.bilensemble.co.uk

Michael Palumbo

Sep 13, 2012, 11:49:02 AM9/13/12
to LiGr...@googlegroups.com
I just joined this group. I am a member of CLork at Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec. How did the Network Music festival go in January 2012? Might there be another  festival coming up in the next year?

Cheers,

Michael Palumbo