BMT

O.R.S. Rao

Oct 21, 2009, 1:36:53 PM10/21/09
to Leuk...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My sister has been on Imatinib 400 mg per day (Gleevac under GIPAP prog) for the last 3 years. Now her doctor is suggesting  that we go in for BMT as the only other alternative is to increase Imatinib  to 600mg per day .

I request experiences of CML patients that went thru BMT (pros and cons).

Are there any known CML patients in Hyderabad (India) that underwent BMT so that they can be met by her in person?

Rgds
Rao

uphand

Oct 21, 2009, 1:40:59 PM10/21/09
to leuk...@googlegroups.com
Pls unsubscribe me from this list.  I have tried the directions for unsub, but it comes back MAIL DELIVERY FAILURE.   ObviouslyI am still on the list and my mother has passed away, I do not need this reminders coming into my inbox. Thanks.
Bonnie
0000000000000000000000000000000000
Oct 21, 2009, 6:08:32 PM10/21/09
to leuk...@googlegroups.com
my brother had aml and went through a bmt. if you get a good enough match it is worth it . there is pain involved due to where they have to draw it from your bones. depending on its severity in your case if this is only option i would seriously  think about it.  i got another year with my brother that i wouldn't change for anything.
robin
my younger brother was his doner and the only real side effect was he has pain /aches every once in a while . they both did after it was over.