Zavie Miller

Robert W Neill Jr

Jan 9, 2012, 8:23:15 PM1/9/12
to cml...@googlegroups.com, leuk...@googlegroups.com
This was posted a little ago on Facebook. We join in condolences for the family of Zavie Miller who passed away today.

Rob

With sadness, we join those sending condolences to the family of Zavie Miller, CML patient and advocate from Canada who touched the lives of many people over the years though his friendship and support.

Zavie's girls would like to thank all the friends and family who have been by their side throughout every step of his journey. The 74-year-old passed away on Jan. 9, 2012 with his wife, Ida, and daughters Mara and Sandy at his side.

Zavie was an a devoted husband, father, brother, uncle, cousin and friend. He touched the lives of countless people through his kindness, photography, calligraphy, involvement with various organizations and his work with Zavie's Zero Club which helped support members of the CML community worldwide. His zany sense of humour, fierce love and respect for life are a legacy that will remain in many hearts forever.

Arrangements will be made over the next few days.

Skip Duffie

Jan 9, 2012, 8:57:00 PM1/9/12
to leuk...@googlegroups.com
I am very sadden about Zavie please send my sympathy to Zavie's girls and to Ida
the CML patients will miss this special man.
SkipD|
dx'ed 1977

Jan 9, 2012, 11:04:06 PM1/9/12
to cml...@googlegroups.com, leuk...@googlegroups.com
Condolences can be posted on the funeral home site at the link below.

Zavie Miller

MILLER, Zavie. On Monday, January 9 2012, in his seventy-fourth year, Zavie closed his eyes for the last time with his girls by his side, after a courageous and determined eight-month battle. Beloved husband and life partner of Ida for forty-five years, treasured father of Mara and Sandra Miller, cherished brother of Joyce Miller and lifelong friend of many. Predeceased by his father Samuel Miller, mother Dora Miller (née Fefergrad) and brother Lionel Miller. Zavie was an unfailingly devoted husband, father, brother, uncle, cousin and friend. He touched the lives of countless people through his kindness, his photography, his calligraphy, his involvement with the PCG and the NGC, the SOGH and his work with Zavie’s Zero Club which supports and advocates for members of the CML community worldwide. His zany sense of humour, fierce love and respect for life are a legacy that will remain in our hearts forever. Zavie’s girls would like to thank all the friends and family who have been by our side throughout every step of this journey. Funeral Service from Paperman & Sons, 3888 Jean Talon St. W., on Thursday, January 12 at 1:00 p.m. Burial at the Baron de Hirsch Cemetery, de la Savane. Shiva to be announced.

--
Sent from my Blackberry device