OrganMaster shoe fit (men's)

Janene

Oct 3, 2018, 11:50:56 AM10/3/18
to LearningOrgan
My dad is going to be buying some organ shoes, and is trying to figure out what size(s) to order from OrganMaster.  His dress shoes are 46 and 47 European sizes, which would put him around size 12 or 12 1/2 US.  Measuring his foot with a ruler suggested that he get size 13 US.  Does anyone have experience with how accurate the conversion is between European sizes and US sizes?

Thanks,
Janene

Max Walker

Oct 3, 2018, 7:40:47 PM10/3/18
to LearningOrgan
I have a pair of Oxford style from Organmaster. I find them small for US sizing. That seems to match the Organmaster web site FAQ:

From Organmaster's web site:

How do I determine my size in OrganMaster Shoes?

The Women's Mary Jane and Diana shoes run true to dress shoe sizing. Order your usual dress shoe size.
The Men's/Unisex Oxford shoe runs slightly short. Order your usual dress shoe size (or if you are between two sizes we suggest ordering the larger size).
For women ordering the Oxford shoe, you will need to convert your women's size to men's sizing. Drop one full size and one width. For example, a women's size 8.5 medium would become a men's size 7.5 narrow. This formula works well for most people, but we cannot guarantee fit.
Please note that your size in sneakers, walking shoes and boots is probably larger than your dress shoe size. If you are uncertain what to order, give us a call. We are happy to help you with sizing.
Should I order my shoes in a smaller size for a closer fit for pedaling?
No. Wearing shoes that are too small can permanently damage your feet. OrganMaster Shoes are a trim style for pedaling and are sized normally.

I am a proper 10.5" US size (my foot measures 10.5" when standing barefoot on a ruler). I ordered a size 11 Oxford from Organmasters. Length was good (which means it was short as noted above), and the fit was rather snug, also as noted above. It has served me well for 6 years.

TicTacToes, who also sells organ shoes online, is more "true" to US sizing. Recently, I ordered a size 11 "Applause" style (comparable to the Oxford above) from TicTacToes and it was too big -- because it was true to size. I've reordered a 10.5 from TicTacToes and expect a correct fit. The medium width from them also seems true medium. It made for a normally comfortable shoe instead of an over-snug shoe.

Organmasters uses the European patterns, converted to US sizing, which has a conversion error built in. TicTactoes uses American patterns and is "true" to what you'd expect when sizing by measuring the foot. I can't recommend one over the other; one just has to know how to size them ... and be willing to pay some extra shipping back and forth for swapping sizes until you get it right.

Janene

Oct 3, 2018, 9:28:23 PM10/3/18
to LearningOrgan
Thank you, Max!  Those are helpful details.  He will be calling OrganMaster, but it is also nice to hear personal reviews.

Janene