Christmas Music

Alisa Olson

Nov 2, 2014, 5:30:46 PM11/2/14
to learni...@googlegroups.com
I am looking for Christmas music for sacrament meeting. I have been asked to play an organ solo for the ward Christmas program and also am looking for good hymn free accompaniments and preludes for the Christmas season. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Alisa

gmail

Nov 2, 2014, 7:00:22 PM11/2/14
to learni...@googlegroups.com
You could get Doug Bush's Christmas volume from Day Murray Music. His Christmas settings range in difficulty from easy to advanced. They're all wonderful.

Sent from my iPad

Ikuko Weller

Nov 2, 2014, 8:14:36 PM11/2/14
to learni...@googlegroups.com
Salt Lake AGO is planning to have "Seasonal Repertoire" (for Thanksgiving, Advent, Christmas, and Epiphany) session this coming Friday, 11/7 at 7:30 pm at Episcopal Church of the Resurrection (1131 S. Main St. Centerville, Ut).  If you are in town or close distance, I recommend to go and see.  LDS composer Jim Kasen will be one of the presenter.  If you like his composition, you may enjoy this event.  He may present something besides his composition, too.
And maybe you could go online "wardorganist.com" to look what you are looking for.  Good luck!

David Chamberlin

Nov 2, 2014, 9:27:05 PM11/2/14
to learni...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alisa - formerly Rogers? - formerly in the Redlands (?) ward with my daughter, Katharine?  Volume 21 of my LDS Hymn Voluntaries will be reprinted soon, in case you don't already have one.  You can see sample first pages of each piece at http://chamberlinmusic.com/oom.php#available (look for two links for slower and faster pieces).  I can also sell you or send you temporary pdf's.

GDonaldH

Nov 3, 2014, 3:40:05 PM11/3/14
to learni...@googlegroups.com
Have you checked out www.wardorganist.com?  Under "LDS Hymn Categories" at the top of the main page, click on "Christmas."  The resulting list includes both hymn preludes and hymn reharmonizations (which are intended for use with congregational singing), but it's usually clear which category each piece falls under.  Most of the selections also have a sound clip, which is helpful.  This is a download-only site, which means that, when you buy a score, a link appears on the page allowing you to download a PDF, which you can then print out on cardstock or regular paper (as long as you don't make copies for anyone but yourself).

GDH