New Fòram na Gàidhlig Link

1 view

Learner's Gàidhlig Group

Sep 26, 2007, 4:33:47 PM9/26/07
to Learner's Gàidhlig (Scottish & Irish)Gaelic Group
Hallò,
Ciamar a tha sibh?
Just want to let everyone know that the 2nd Fòram na Gàidhlig went
down. NoClockThing started a new fòram up here:
http://www.noclockthing.de/foramnagaidhlig/
For those of you who don't know about the 2nd Fòram, it went up right
after the old Save Gaelic forum went down. The second went down and
now this is the 3rd one:)
mar sin leibh
L.G.G. x

Fred Riley

Oct 8, 2007, 9:05:23 AM10/8/07
to Learners...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this - I'd not have known otherwise, and of course the
previous address of http://31.freebb.com/gaidhlig/ fails completely,
presumably because the server's been taken down. I do wish folk would
find a semi-permanent host for these things as there'll be broken
links all over the place, and worse all the threads and registrations
for the old foram site have now gone for good, which doesn't encourage
people to post or register.

What happened to the previous server, do you know? Was there any
warning that it was going down?

Cheers

Fred

--
Seachd: The Inaccessible Pinnacle, the Scottish Gaelic film – COMING SOON!

"Gaelic is set to make a cinematic comeback" The Times

Official site: http://www.seachd.com
Official blog: http://seachd.typepad.com

GunChleoc

Nov 12, 2007, 8:52:45 AM11/12/07
to Learner's Gàidhlig (Scottish & Irish)Gaelic Group
Thanks for posting the new link here!

On 8 Okt., 14:05, "Fred Riley" <fred.ri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for this - I'd not have known otherwise, and of course the

> previous address ofhttp://31.freebb.com/gaidhlig/fails completely,

> presumably because the server's been taken down. I do wish folk would
> find a semi-permanent host for these things as there'll be broken
> links all over the place, and worse all the threads and registrations
> for the old foram site have now gone for good, which doesn't encourage
> people to post or register.
>
> What happened to the previous server, do you know? Was there any
> warning that it was going down?
>
> Cheers
>
> Fred

The entire freeBB site simply disappeared off the web. I just saw that
they are back with a message that they are moving servers, but no
forum in sight. So, let's just stick to my new place. I'm servicing
the forum myself on my own website, so it's here to stay! And I backup
the database every day, in case there should be some server trouble.
That hasn't happened in four years though, my webhosts know their
stuff. Gabh air do shocair! :D

msl

GunChleoc