Fwd: Immersion course testimony

Fred Riley

Nov 14, 2008, 1:12:41 PM11/14/08
to Gaelic learners, Learner's Gàidhlig Group
Hi a-rithist a h-uile duine

When I got the message below from the ubiquitous Fionnlagh MacLeòid I
thought at first it was just the usual self-promotion of his Total
Immersion Programme (TIP) method. However, the attached document from
a successful student is very detailed in her experience of learning
via immersion and will ring bells with many on these groups I'm sure -
it certainly chimed with my thoughts on some points. So I thought I'd
pass it on as it might interest some of you, though most of us don't
have the time or commitment to learn as intensively as she did. Still,
she does illustrate the benefits of immersion in class, and Gaelic
practice outside class, for all that it may be a bit stressful at
first.

I have met Fionnlagh and have been a guinea pig at a test session up
in Barra a couple of years back, and his immersion method is fun and
does get results. He is a bit shameless in his self-promotion but
perhaps that's the only way to get yourself heard these days...

Tìoraidh

Fred