Poll: Seattle voters support streets for people!

Gordon Padelford

Nov 18, 2021, 10:49:14 PM11/18/21
Hey folks,

As you may have already seen, we released some exciting poll results this week showing Seattle voters overwhelmingly support the types of projects we all advocate for! This scientific poll was conducted by Change Research as part of the Northwest Progessive Institute's October poll.

In brief, we found Seattle voters...

  1. Share common values for how to shape the future of our streets
  2. Support giving space for safe routes to school, bike lanes, sidewalks, street cafes, and bus lanes even when it means removing a lane of traffic or parking
  3. Are eager to implement transformational ideas
image.png
Or read coverage of the results at the Seattle Times, SE Emerald, or the Urbanist (other news outlets are also working on stories). Please help us share these news stories on social media.

We hope that this research will encourage SDOT and the incoming mayoral administration to make our city a better place to walk, bike, and live.

best,

-Gordon
Executive Director
Seattle Neighborhood Greenways

P.S. I want to thank our board chair David Goldberg, and Central Seattle Greenways co-leader Brie Gyncild for helping craft these questions. And gratitude to Juan Jose Boecanega with WSOS, Mohammad Almatti a U-District Small business owner, Brie, and our own Clara Cantor for speaking at the press conference.