re: LaidOffCampNY Update for Sponsors

Peter Chislett

Apr 30, 2009, 12:25:17 PM4/30/09
to LaidOffCampNY Organizers GoogleGroup
A note we just sent to our sponsors....

LaidOffCampNY Update for Sponsors

I just wanted to update you with a few more details of the upcoming event, and make sure that you have all the information that you need.

First, I want to remind you that if you are planning to attend either the Friday or Saturday event, you must register through the website (http://ny-register.laidoffcamp.org). If the registration is already full, please contact me via email so I can make sure to get you registered. Without registering, we won’t be able to print a badge for you.

Next, we will need a hi-res image from you that we will be able to print out for the Saturday event. All signage on Friday evening will be via projector except for the sponsor of the keynote and reception, we will be printing out all general area signage for sponsors on Saturday, however you are welcome to post a sign/logo in the Sponsor's room. Please send your hi-res logo to peter....@laidoffcamp.org.

Check-in for the Friday keynote event starts at 4:30pm at New World Stages, 340 West 50th St.. The keynote speaker is the COO of the NYC Economic Development Corp., and his presentation will be followed by our "Hacking The Job Search" panel, and ending with a 90 minute "Transition Networking" reception. There will be free drinks provided during the reception. You are welcome to bring materials or swag, but at this point I don’t think there will be an area to leave materials for distribution, so you should expect to bring only what you want to hand out yourself.

Saturday check-in at Pace University begins at 8:00am for those wishing to lead a discussion or present, and presentations scheduled to begin at 9:30am. Registration for attendees will continue throughout the day. The presentations will go through the end of the day at 4:30pm, with a break for lunch. If you plan on leading a discussion or giving a presentation, you should contact Jesse Fallick (jesse....@laidoffcamp.org) immediately so that he can walk you through the process and help you define a non-commercial topic that you will cover. For more information regarding sessions, you can also visit http://ny-sessions.laidoffcamp.org.

During the day, at lunch and in-between sessions there will be a room that will have computers for checking email, etc. This is the Sponsor’s room, and there will be tables for materials to be presented by sponsors. You may choose to have a person in the room during the lunch hour or throughout the day if you want to talk to people about your materials, but it’s probably not going to be necessary.

You will be responsible for getting materials to Pace on the day of the conference, but if you are not able to send someone to arrange the materials, we will do our best to do it for you. If you are not able to get the materials down there for some reason, but you do want materials there, please contact me immediately and we’ll see what we can do.

Obviously we’re excited about the event and really glad that you were able to sponsor. We really appreciate the support. I will be on hand on both days to take care of anything that you need, but If you have any questions before the event please don’t hesitate to contact me directly via email or on my cell phone at 212-920-1286.

-Nate

Sponsorships Organizer

LaidOff Camp NY

nate.h...@laidoffcamp.org