Proxy server issue in LoadRunner

Ltester

Jan 13, 2010, 12:51:19 PM1/13/10
to LoadRunner
I am creating a script where it would go into an internal company's
website, and then from that website, there is a link that takes me to
another external website, outside my company's network to add items
from a catalog and check out.

the connection is getting timed out when i re-run the script in Vugen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

James Pulley

Jan 13, 2010, 12:58:44 PM1/13/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
Do you have permission to test from the external company? They may be
viewing your activities as a denial of service attack.

Or....you missed a correlation of session/identity to the external
catalog....

Or....Both

chaitanya bhatt

Jan 13, 2010, 1:10:34 PM1/13/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
If you have entered proper credentials for Proxy access authentication (Runtime settings>Internet Protocol>Proxy) then I think you should ideally have no issues while accessing nodes out of your company network.

Chaitanya M Bhatt
Website: http://www.performancecompetence.com

Floris Kraak

Jan 13, 2010, 5:12:58 PM1/13/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com

Frankly, if testing the external site is not your goal, why even
follow that link?

Regards,
Floris
---
'What does it mean to say that one is 48% slower? That's like saying
that a squirrel is 48% juicier than an orange - maybe it's true, but
anybody who puts the two in a blender to compare them is kind of
sick.'
--- Linus Torvalds

Kevyland

Jan 14, 2010, 6:02:00 PM1/14/10
to LoadRunner
Is the catalog some data that gets loaded in your website?
Like,dah is there a data transfer, soap or xml transaction

If no, then why test the performance of someone else's work
(for example I've got a link that says search google - makes no sense
for me to activate it does it)

If yes, you're likely not correlating correctly.

Floris and James rock

Floris Kraak

Jan 14, 2010, 6:03:27 PM1/14/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:02 AM, Kevyland
<kpe...@scholarshipamerica.org> wrote:

> Floris and James rock

Thanks. James is probably a better tester than I am, though ;-)

James Pulley

Jan 14, 2010, 6:49:30 PM1/14/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
Its the Dutch in us-we are a difficult and stubborn folk.

Ltester

Jan 16, 2010, 6:40:51 AM1/16/10
to LoadRunner

Actually, this is an SAP SRM application. in the application this a
drop down of the items source ( where i can get items and add to my
cart) one of the them takes me to an external website and after i
select the items, it goes back to our companys website and fill in the
table.

Ofcouse i am testing the applications, that is what is required

can you give an example about the
Web_set_user function

Floris Kraak

Jan 16, 2010, 9:20:58 AM1/16/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:49 AM, James Pulley
<jpu...@itestsolutions.com> wrote:
> Its the Dutch in us-we are a difficult  and stubborn folk.

lol - sorry, I have a hard time thinking about us Dutch as difficult
and stubborn :p

Floris Kraak

Jan 16, 2010, 9:23:53 AM1/16/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Ltester <azar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, this is an SAP SRM application. in the application this a
> drop down of the items source ( where i can get items and add to my
> cart) one of the them takes me to an external website and after i
> select the items, it goes back to our companys website and fill in the
> table.

How high is your log level when you run this script in the vugen? If
the external site sends back a ton of information having your loglevel
set to extended and having vugen show the log as it runs will slow
down the script up to the point where the connection may time out on
you.
What I usually do is hide the logs. It may not be enough, though. I'd
start off with just turning off all the logging - that should tell you
wether the logging is an issue here.