Runtime Viewer - pages are not displayed

DJ

Feb 24, 2010, 2:24:54 AM2/24/10
to LoadRunner
Hello All

I am recording a script using http/html . when i replay the script,
in run time viewer i am able to see webpage and some pages i am not
able to see , the scripts are passing without errors , but i cannot
view some pages any answer for this ?

do i need to enable any options in general options ...

thanks in advance

Dj

Message has been deleted

Floris Kraak

Feb 24, 2010, 3:22:46 AM2/24/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com

The best way to work with the runtime viewer is by turning it off.
You're better off just viewing the results at the end of the run and
reading the logs. The runtime viewer tends to a) take ages to start,
b) hog resources you need for running your script, and c) not actually
provide much useful information.
You don't need to take my word for this though..

Regards,
Floris
---
'What does it mean to say that one is 48% slower? That's like saying
that a squirrel is 48% juicier than an orange - maybe it's true, but
anybody who puts the two in a blender to compare them is kind of
sick.'
--- Linus Torvalds

chaitanya bhatt

Feb 24, 2010, 4:51:13 AM2/24/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com

It depends on each individual as to whether he/she can better comprehend things directly from logs or from runtime viewer(unparsed source can be viewer through runtime viewerviewer>source) . I wouldn't say only a dumb tester would user runtime viewer because at times when html tags and javascripts in response messages are causing a nauseating effect while debugging, the runtime viewer may come handy if the data is apparent.

To certain extent I agree with Floris regarding run-time viewer being heavy on system resources and has at time annoyed me as well, but for certain types of server response like XML -- I find runtime viewer to be extremely friendly as it parses tags and displays the contents nicely indented and clear.

And regarding why Clement is unable to view pages in runtime settings could be because of the fact that LR runtime viewer is extremely primitive as a browser and does not support advanced browser features to support technologies such as XSTL, flash objects, JSON etc

Chaitanya M Bhatt

Floris Kraak

Feb 24, 2010, 6:49:32 AM2/24/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 10:51 AM, chaitanya bhatt
<bhatt.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wouldn't say only a dumb tester would user runtime viewer

Me neither. I have seen some quite smart colleagues struggle with it.

> because at times when html tags and javascripts in response messages are causing
> a nauseating effect while debugging, the runtime viewer may come handy if the data
> is apparent.
>
> To certain extent I agree with Floris regarding run-time viewer being heavy
> on system resources and has at time annoyed me as well, but for certain
> types of server response like XML -- I find runtime viewer to be extremely
> friendly as it parses tags and displays the contents nicely indented and
> clear.

You can get the same results from the results viewer, after running
the script inside the vugen.
It takes a little longer but it won't be quite as bad performance wise.

Just out of interest though: Are your scripts stored on a local disk,
or on a shared network drive?
I wonder if that has some kind of impact on the performance of various
LR tools..

> And regarding why Clement is unable to view pages in runtime settings could
> be because of the fact that LR runtime viewer is extremely primitive as a
> browser and does not support advanced browser features to support
> technologies such as XSTL, flash objects, JSON etc

There is that too. For some applications the runtime viewer won't be
able to help you as those applications display everything using
javascript. And since the runtime viewer doesn't handle javascript..

chaitanya bhatt

Feb 24, 2010, 7:06:55 AM2/24/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
>Just out of interest though: Are your scripts stored on a local disk,
>or on a shared network drive?
>I wonder if that has some kind of impact on the performance of various
>LR tools..

Locally stored while scripting and debugging; stored on a shared network driver during load test execution.

clement ar

Feb 24, 2010, 7:11:53 AM2/24/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
script are stored in local folder ,

thanks to all for your valueable inputs .

--
Best Regards
Clement

Floris Kraak

Feb 24, 2010, 7:33:14 AM2/24/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 1:06 PM, chaitanya bhatt
<bhatt.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Just out of interest though: Are your scripts stored on a local disk,
>>or on a shared network drive?
>>I wonder if that has some kind of impact on the performance of various
>>LR tools..
>
> Locally stored while scripting and debugging; stored on a shared network
> driver during load test execution.

As I suspected.
The vugen tool feels faster when running on a local disk. I would not
be surprised if the runtime viewer behaves better then too.

James Pulley

Feb 24, 2010, 9:26:25 AM2/24/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
Examine your assumptions about the run time browser being a full featured
browser, complete with add in support for third party objects and/or
accurate rendering of multi-frame sites. You will likely find that your
assumptions about the nature of the run-time browser does not match the
as-designed/ as-documented / as-trained limited functionality of this item

Hello All

thanks in advance

Dj

kranthi reddy

Feb 24, 2010, 4:33:39 PM2/24/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
If the web pages are nt disp in ur run time viewver , u need to concentrate on Correlation.
Just insert text check points and if check check point failed.. then its not navigating to the pages u r trying to test.

you need to concentrate on ids and correlate them

Regards,

James Pulley

Feb 24, 2010, 4:53:43 PM2/24/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com

Correlation and the ability of the runtime browser to render as a standard browser are two completely decoupled issues