Finding a text in redirected URL for a particular request

Mital

Feb 21, 2018, 4:59:33 PM2/21/18
to LoadRunner
Hello All,

I have a simple requirement wherein I am trying to put a text check for a particular page. The issue is when I try to search the required text, it is observed in a redirected request for that particular URL. The text is not present in the main request due to which the text check is failing. I need to find the text in that redirect request.

Options tried:
1. I tried to change the search area for the web_reg_find options but without any fruits.
2. I tried recording the same step with different recording options (URL/HTTP, record in separate steps etc,) but the request in question always comes as a redirection from the main request.

For the reference of audience here, I have added the pics of LR's snapshot viewer page for the particular request.

Image Understanding:
Number 1. is the primary request from which the number 2 request is generated and that is where the required text is found and not in number 1 request and this is where the text check is failing.

P.S - I am actually quite surprised that LR is not able to handle such request. It will be a great learning if someone can throw some insights on this and help me find a resolution.

Thanks

Mital Majmundar.

Abhishek Banginwar

Feb 21, 2018, 5:47:57 PM2/21/18
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com
I do this all the time in my current work. What is your reg find function?

V.M.Guruprasath

Feb 27, 2018, 12:08:21 AM2/27/18
to LR-Loa...@googlegroups.com
Does Ignore re-directions option work?