ZIP large JSON files in vugen script

Skip to the first unread message

Nikhil Jain

24 Jan 2018, 9:45:01 am24/01/2018
to LoadRunner
We are load testing testing a hybrid app. As per HP/Microfocus recommendation, we are following the below approach-
1. Achieve load by hitting servers, script has requests in JSON format
2. Recording a script on actual mobile device using TruClient Native Mobile protocol.

Issue
The JSONs provided by product team are very large, more than 5MB. We have tried the following-
1. Adding the JSON content to actual script
2. Adding JSON content to lrw_custom_body.h file and then calling the variable in the script

In both instances, following happens-
1. Due to large size of content, the script gets hanged.
2. When it resolves from hang, the connection to server gets broken since it takes a long time to connect.

The actual application zips all the data, sends the zipped file over network and then unzips it at the server.

I want to know if there is a way to zip large content at script level.