Remote paid MLIS internship opportunity - deadline July 1, 2024

Candice M

Jun 21, 2024, 5:24:03 PMJun 21
to Spectrum Scholars, Librarians of Color - LA, is-ne...@lists.gseis.ucla.edu, Annie Pho
Hi all,

This opportunity was shared by my colleague Annie Pho (cc'ed on this message). Annie is also the Past President of the Asian Pacific American Librarians Association (APALA).

Social Justice & Online Instruction Internship

Job Summary: Gleeson Library | Geschke Center at the University of San Francisco welcomes applications for a grant-funded, paid Social Justice and Online Library Instruction internship scheduled for the fall semester of 2024. The Social Justice and Online Library Instruction intern will create a series of online learning objects focusing on foundational research skills and social justice, using Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and critical pedagogy principles. The intern will be supervised by a team of 2 librarians in the Gleeson Library Instruction and Outreach Department and meet with the project team weekly. The intern will receive training and mentorship on how to develop and create online tutorials, do weekly readings, and reflections on their work.

Happy Pride Month,

Candice Wing-yee Mack 穎怡
Co-Chair/Publisher Liaison, APALA Lit Award Committee
Past President, APALA & YALSA
Managing Librarian, Systemwide Teen Services, Los Angeles Public Library
email: Library...@gmail.com | pronouns: she/her

Join us Saturday, June 29, 2024, from 6-9 p.m. for our 2024 APALA Literature Awards Banquet!

🚩San Diego Central Library, Shiley Suite | 📅June 29, 2024 | 🔗https://www.apalaweb.org/apala-lit-awards-banquet-2024/