LLSC repack 2022: Sat 12th Feb 2022, 09:30-16:00.

Chris Sangwin

Jan 30, 2022, 4:14:18 PM1/30/22
to LLSC, rathore...@llsclub.co.uk
Dear all,

This email provides details about the forthcoming LLSC reserve parachute/rescue system repack event.

When: Sat 12th Feb 2022 between 09:30 and 16:00.  Please stick to your timeslot.

Where: the Haston Suite in the Edinburgh Indoor Climbing Arena, Ratho
https://www.edinburghleisure.co.uk/venues/edinburgh-international-climbing-arena

The idea behind this event is that you pack your reserve but experienced helpers are on hand.  If you are new to paragliding, and to the Club, this is a good opportunity to check and repack your reserve, better understand the whole rescue system and meet other members.   So, please do come along, regardless of your experience level.

0. Good news. People are now well vaccinated and we are all helping protect each other and the COVID situation is far over but is significantly improved. We now feel a re-pack can be organized. Please exercise the usual precautions of taking a Lateral Flow Test less than 24 before attending. The Club will refund anyone testing positive, and we will try to arrange evening repack events if needed later in the year. And do please use hand sanitiser as you enter. Thanks.

1. The Club is charging £15 per person.  You must be a current BHPA member.

2. Please bring your reserve and harness.  The "repack" is not just an opportunity to pack the reserve parachute but to check the entire rescue system including the harness itself.  So, do not detach your reserve from your harness at home!  We also want to check how the existing reserve deploys.  E.g. does the reserve come out smoothly and without catching on anything?  Many harnesses come with the harness manufacturer's deployment bag. If you're not using it already please bring it along as this is the one that should be used.

3. If your reserve was second hand or been deployed please mention this to one of the packers.  Please confirm the date of manufacture with the repacker before repacking.

4. Please BRING A PAPER COPY OF YOUR RESERVE INSTRUCTION MANUAL!  Only use Manufacturer’s information. It’s a really good idea to read the manual and watch a video if there is one. Preferably more than once. However, to help the helpers and speed things up please bring the paper manufacturer's reserve manual as well as download the manual to your phone.  If you need help with this please contact us before the event and we will try to help you locate a copy of your reserve instruction manual.

5. The Club will supply elastic bands. You must use new elastic bands to repack.  Please bring packing weights if you have some. The Club may be able to supply other hardware (e.g. o-rings, mallions) but we will charge for these. Only use mallions stamped with a CE mark and within the safe limit or WLL.  Only use approved hardware as every link in the system is critical.

6. Please do not borrow tools without asking.  At the end of packing each reserve we need to locate all tools to confirm nothing has been packed within a reserve!

7. We must be out of the room by 17:00, so do not start a repack after 16:00!

8. In order to protect everyone's reserves from contamination, please do not wear muddy footwear, eat or drink in the packing areas.

Packers may not be able to repack some equipment: we reserve the option to decline to pack equipment for any reason (e.g. damaged), sorry!

We need to spread out the demand during the day, so please do keep to the timeslot. Please book here: https://www.llsclub.co.uk/index.php/ratho-repack-2022

Any questions please email:rathore...@llsclub.co.uk

I hope to see you in a couple of weeks,
Chris Sangwin