Funding for Scottish Paragliding and Hang gliding

Ben Johnson

Feb 21, 2022, 4:17:16 AM2/21/22
to ll...@googlegroups.com, sh...@googlegroups.com, ahpc, Scott McMeekin, Tommy Bryson, Peter from Cloudbusters, h...@highlandhgpgclub.co.uk, p...@highlandhgpgclub.co.uk, Alastair Bowman

Hello all,

The Lanarkshire and Lothian Soaring Club (LLSC) owns a flying site on Tinto, which predates the Scottish Right to Roam.  This land contains commercial forestry which recently generated some funds, and which we would like to see used to support Scottish Paragliding and hang gliding generally.

Previously, the club has used these funds to pay back money received by us to help buy the land at Tinto in the first place and to contribute to the sites fund at the BHPA to help other British clubs in need of funds. We have also supported other projects which have been brought to our attention within our club.

We are now in a position to consider more projects with these funds. If your club

 has a worthy suggestion for use of these funds, please let us know. Our intentions are to help Scottish hang gliding and paragliding for the longer-term and to improve the public awareness of our sport in Scotland.

If you would like to make a bid to finance a project you have please contact the LLSC committee via the Chairman Ben Johnson (skyhi...@googlemail.com) with a brief outline proposal. If the Committee decides the proposal is promising they will invite a more detailed proposal for further discussion.

We have already agreed to support the local Mountain Rescue teams closest to our most popular sites.

We hope this is positive news for you all knowing we are in this position. Careful consideration must be made to make best use of this rare opportunity.

Hoping to see you on a hill soon.

All our best,

LLSC Committee.