Low-energy-astro April 2010: David MacKay speaking tour, AAS meeting slides uploaded

Bernadette

Apr 4, 2010, 8:49:24 PM4/4/10
to Low-energy-astrophysics

Low-energy-astrophysics news, April 2010:

1) David MacKay, author of Sustainable Energy without the Hot Air
(http://www.withouthotair.com/) on US speaking tour *NOW*. Upcoming
(and just past) dates:

> 30th March: University of Toronto, Dept. of Physics
> 1st April: MIT, Cambridge MA
> 5th April: Talk at Caltech, Pasadena CA
> 6th April: University of California, Santa Barbara (http://iee.ucsb.edu/events/energy-leadership-lecture-david-mackay)
> 15th April: City University, NY
> 16th April: Columbia Business School, NY
> 18th April: Stanford University, San Francisco

See announcement at http://low-energy-astro.physics.ucsb.edu/index.php/Current_events

Apologies Toronto and Cambridge; Pasadena and Santa Barbara-- act
quick!

2) Talks from AAS 2010 Splinter meeting have been uploaded to the
meeting page:
http://low-energy-astro.physics.ucsb.edu/index.php/AAS_2010_Splinter_Meeting

Slides from every speaker, including the keynote speaker Dr. Joe Romm,
are now available.

Thanks to everyone that attended and participated in this splinter
session. The turnout was great!

3) This is the first post to the low-energy-astrophysics (LEastro)
google group. We (the group managers) expect to post once every
couple months with short relevant news and links. Information is also
available at the low-energy-astrophysics wiki (http://low-energy-
astro.physics.ucsb.edu), which anyone is welcome to join and edit.