Very frustrating

Richard Ogle

Apr 2, 2024, 9:14:40 PMApr 2
to THERM
I am using 7.8.74.0. I am trying to model a steel stud wall. I am constantly getting "Overlapping regions are not allowed" warnings when I try to draw the steel studs inside the wall. I am using keyboard commands because I don't have the capability to make an underlay. Try as I might I cannot get continuity between the stud(s) and the wall materials.

Robin Mitchell

Apr 2, 2024, 9:15:50 PMApr 2
to Richard Ogle, THERM
Can you attach your file so I can look at it?

Or email it to me directly: RDMit...@lbl.gov

Robin

--
You can view the THERM forum online at:
https://groups.google.com/g/LBNL-THERM

Robin Mitchell
Building Technology and Urban Systems Division
Energy Technologies Area
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

Kevin D Brown

Apr 3, 2024, 4:41:06 AMApr 3
to Robin Mitchell, Richard Ogle, THERM
Very much looking forward to hearing about the results of this inquiry.

Steel stud walls ought to be very easy to model, given how they are penetrating the building world with price advantages.

Thanks,

Kevin.

Kevin D Brown, CPHD, Trainer, CPHT
c. 403.400.2022