Polycarbonate Wall Performing Worse Than Single Layer?

rest

Apr 10, 2024, 4:46:33 PMApr 10
to THERM
Good afternoon all,

I'm trying to analyze a polycarbonate wall system that is composed of two layers of hollow polycarbonate with an air gap in between but the results I am getting do not make sense to me. The U-Value of the polycarbonate is 0.023 Btu/hr-ft-F, but the result I am getting from Window7 for the wall is 0.075 Btu-in/hr-ft2-F. I haven't analyzed this material before but I was expecting to get a lower value for the system than for a single layer of the material. I've attached my analysis, any thoughts?
U-Value Results.PNG

Robin Mitchell

Apr 10, 2024, 4:54:31 PMApr 10
to rest, THERM
Can you show the properties (a screenshot) that you entered for the polycarbonate?

--
You can view the THERM forum online at:
https://groups.google.com/g/LBNL-THERM

Robin Mitchell
Building Technology and Urban Systems Division
Energy Technologies Area
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

Robin Mitchell

Apr 10, 2024, 4:54:59 PMApr 10
to rest, THERM
Also what version of WINDOW are you running?

rest

Apr 11, 2024, 8:32:03 AMApr 11
to THERM
I am running v7.7.16.0. See attached for the properties of the polycarbonate.
Polycarb Properties.PNG