Urgent: Unable to install Therm 7.8.74

Maria Lynn

Jul 3, 2024, 3:00:18 PM (12 days ago) Jul 3
to THERM
Hi,

This is my 6th time trying to install Therm... I followed steps below (install Therm firsst, then install Redistributable Libraries) I have a Window la[ptop

Screenshot 2024-06-27 181519.png

After all the steps and restarted laptop, the pop-up below still popping up everytime I open Therm. Of course I had tried reinstall both Therm and Redistributable Libraries and still fail...
Screenshot 2024-06-27 181751.png

Can someone please help me, please? I won't be able to do exam without Therm....

Stephen Czarnecki

Jul 3, 2024, 6:54:37 PM (12 days ago) Jul 3
to Maria Lynn, THERM
Hi

The error message you are seeing indicates that THERM is not able to
find the FORTRAN redistributables. Did you install the Intel Fortran
redistributables as well as the Microsoft Visual C++? That is, did
you download and install the ww_ifort_redist_ia32_2018.5.274.msi file?

If you did not install it, that is the first thing to do. However we
have had another user recently who still had problems despite already
installing the redistributables the standard way. We were not able to
figure out the root cause of their issue but did find a workaround
that may help in case you are experiencing the same. Here are the
steps:

0. Copy the FORTRAN redistributable installer
(ww_ifort_redist_ia32_2018.5.274.msi) into somewhere easy to work
with. I put it in c:\tmp for this example.
1. Create a folder to hold the output somewhere. In this example I
just called it c:\tmp\msi_out
2. Open a command prompt and navigate to where the redistributable
installer is. e.g. cd c:\tmp
3. Run the following command using the locations of the installer and
output folder you are using instead of c:\tmp and c:\tmp\msi_out:
msiexec /a c:\tmp\ww_ifort_redist_ia32_2018.5.274.msi /qb
TARGETDIR=c:\tmp\msi_out
4. When that is done go to your equivalent of
C:\tmp\msi_out\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\ia32_win\compiler and
copy the contents of that folder into C:\Program Files
(x86)\LBNL\THERM7.8
5. Try running THERM again and see if it works.
6. If you want to run WINDOW you will need to copy the same files to
C:\Program Files (x86)\LBNL\WINDOW7.8

I realize that is a little convoluted so if you run into any problems
let me know. Also I should say that just because it worked for
another user does not necessarily mean it will work for you.

Let me know how it goes

Stephen