Spectral data import to Optics / W7.8

Rheen Mendoza

Mar 21, 2024, 8:47:15 PMMar 21
to THERM
Hi All,

I just received a spectral data in a png file format which I plan import to Optics 6 and W7.8 but not sure if this is the right file format or do I have to manually input it in Optics & W7.8 (no idea yet how to do it) before going to Therm 7.8.57 for the glass.

I tried to look with this link but the page was not found.

Appreciate if anyone have idea about this.  Below I've attached the glass build up and the spectral data (png file format).

Thanks,
Rheen

Spectral data for GT1-22032024.png

GLASS BUILD UP.jpg

Robin Mitchell

Mar 21, 2024, 9:47:15 PMMar 21
to Rheen Mendoza, THERM
We overhauled our website not too long ago and all the existing links were broken.

Here is the general page that talks about File Format for an IGDB submission, which is the same format that Optics needs.

On that page there are links to example files for different glass types.

Here is a link to the specific document that describes the format in detail.

These files need to be text files, and I would think you might want to just use a txt extension.

As far as I know a png file is a graphics file format, but maybe there is another use of that file format that I don't know about.

Robin

--
You can view the THERM forum online at:
https://groups.google.com/g/LBNL-THERM

Robin Mitchell
Building Technology and Urban Systems Division
Energy Technologies Area
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

Rheen Mendoza

Mar 22, 2024, 12:57:33 AMMar 22