Therm 8.0 issues

Ale

Jun 28, 2024, 5:30:47 AMJun 28
to THERM
Hi all,
I am trying to test Therm 8.0  (version 8.0.33) and I have noticed the following issues:

 - If I wanted to change the boundary conditions directly from the toolbar I can't do it because it's the material library that appears, so I have to open the boundary conditions dialog box to make the change:

Figure 1.jpg

- if I wanted to save a new Material Library or Boundary conditions library (for the Transient Thermal & moisture analysis) it seems that the commands are still not available:

Figure2.jpg

Someone noticed the same?

Thank you,
Ale

Ale

Jun 28, 2024, 5:49:24 AMJun 28
to THERM
Sorry,
I have forgotten something more:

- once set the "Transient Thermal + Moisture" in the Calculation Options, I  have tried to create some simple rectangles but even if I choose any material from the library at the end it is created as a Laminated panel,

- it seems that it is not possible to change the material of an element using the commands "select material + fill"

Regards,
Ale

Robin Mitchell

Jun 28, 2024, 2:55:32 PMJun 28
to Ale, THERM
Ale

Thank you for testing and finding these issues.

We are working on the next version and will look at the issues you have found.

I believe that right now it is not possible to make new materials, as you have discovered.

Robin

--
You can view the THERM forum online at:
https://groups.google.com/g/LBNL-THERM

Robin Mitchell
Building Technology and Urban Systems Division
Energy Technologies Area
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

Robin Mitchell

Jun 28, 2024, 3:08:24 PMJun 28
to THERM
Ale

It is possible to make a new Material library value, as discussed in the THERM 8.0 User Manual

Starting on page 2-14, there is information about all the fields in the Material Library, and then starting on page 2-22, there is information about making new records.

Robin