Import Error: THERM files into WINDOW

J. Ray

Mar 5, 2024, 10:19:31 PMMar 5
to THERM
Hello, I am encountering an unexpected error when I try to import some THERM files into the "Frame Library" in WINDOW.   Files were simulated using THERM 7.8.72.0, and I am attempting to import them into WINDOW 7.8.38.0

The usual import dialog displays 3 subsequent error messages after trying to import: 1) "Invalid Material Properties", 2) "Unexpected File Format", and 3) "Trouble loading file: <filepath>"  (see attached pictures)

I'm encountering this error on 8 out of 9 files I have tried to import today; I tried restarting my computer, but that didn't fix the problem.  Can anyone offer advice on how to resolve this?  I'm trying to finish a time-sensitive energy simulation for my client this week.

THERM_ImportError_4.png
THERM_ImportError_3.png
THERM_ImportError_2.png
THERM_ImportError_1.png

Robin Mitchell

Mar 5, 2024, 10:21:19 PMMar 5
to J. Ray, THERM
I think the issue is that you are importing a THERM file created with a version that is more recent than the WINDOW version you are importing into.

You need to use the same versions for both THERM and WINDOW when using them together.

I would recommend using the latest version of 7.8 for both, which is 7.8.74

Robin

--
You can view the THERM forum online at:
https://groups.google.com/g/LBNL-THERM

Robin Mitchell
Building Technology and Urban Systems Division
Energy Technologies Area
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

Joshua Ray

Mar 6, 2024, 12:29:59 PMMar 6
to Robin Mitchell, THERM
I updated to WINDOW 7.8.74 and that seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for your help!