CI Temperature Tool Error: Selective Temperature Reading

Tyler Henderson

Apr 29, 2024, 1:42:18 PMApr 29
to THERM
Hi there,

I'm encountering an error using the CI Temperature tool.

Error occured while traveling interior perimeter for Frame/Sash calculation.
During process:
Selective Temperature Reading

This error started happening after running some new frames, and now even frames that had previously been calculated cannot be. I have reinstalled the AccessDatabase, CI tool, and Therm, restarted computer, verified glazing and Therm files contain no improper characters. Wondering if anyone has encountered this or knows how to fix it.

I can attach an example Therm file if necessary but again this is occurring with all Therm files no matter the construction, glazing, boundary conditions, etc.

Thank you

Robin Mitchell

Apr 29, 2024, 1:42:56 PMApr 29
to Tyler Henderson, THERM
What version of THERM are you running?

Robin

--
You can view the THERM forum online at:
https://groups.google.com/g/LBNL-THERM

Robin Mitchell
Building Technology and Urban Systems Division
Energy Technologies Area
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

Tyler Henderson

Apr 29, 2024, 1:45:20 PMApr 29
to THERM
7.8.74

Tyler Henderson

May 2, 2024, 3:06:36 PMMay 2
to THERM
Is there any update on this? I figure it's something to do with the installation of a library (OpenAccessDatabase or Net Framework). I know the software was outsourced to Veridis and I have reached out to them as well. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Robin Mitchell

May 2, 2024, 3:43:39 PMMay 2
to Tyler Henderson, THERM
Tyler

I would suggest completely uninstalling THERM and reinstalling it.

If this continues to happen after that, we may need to have a webinar to see what the problem is.

We have not outsourced the software to Veridis, so I don't know where you have gotten that information. The development of THERM and WINDOW is completely in-house within the Windows and Daylighting Group at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Robin

Tyler Henderson

May 2, 2024, 4:25:16 PMMay 2
to THERM
Sorry for the confusion.

Firstly, the error persists after reinstallation of THERM. Secondly, the software that I was referring to was the CI Temperature Tool, which as far as I'm aware was developed by Veridis Solutions Inc. I have reached out to them and will include you in the email chain. If this is incorrect please let me know.

Thanks

Robin Mitchell

May 2, 2024, 4:33:53 PMMay 2
to Tyler Henderson, THERM
I didn't realize you were using the tool that Veridis developed for NFRC. So it would be appropriate to contact them.

Robin