Trouble opening file and Problem in meshing the model

Amir Sharabi

May 8, 2024, 12:59:15 PMMay 8
to THERM
Hi,

I'm using THERM 7.8 and when I tried take a simulation I got an error that Trouble opening file and then Problem in meshing the model.

I saw that it was happen to some people because that didn't use English letter and don't define the boundary right, I cheeked both and I still have this issue.

Thanks
Untitled-2.THM

Robin Mitchell

May 8, 2024, 1:39:04 PMMay 8
to Amir Sharabi, THERM
Amir

I am able to open this file in 7.8.74 and simulate it without issue, no mesh errors using the file setting of 8 for the mesh parameter
image.png
image.png
Robin

--
You can view the THERM forum online at:
https://groups.google.com/g/LBNL-THERM

Robin Mitchell
Building Technology and Urban Systems Division
Energy Technologies Area
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

Zugur Rakhmanov

May 8, 2024, 1:50:04 PMMay 8
to Amir Sharabi, THERM
Hi Amir,
Your Therm file was calculated without any issues.
Check the Material Library overall for being any material with
doubtless letters (not only the list of materials of that file).
For checking that the Material Library doesn't include 'a problem
materials' you can create simple detail from standard materials and
calculate that.

I resaved your file and sent it to you, maybe it will have.
image.png
Untitled-2_RS.THM

Zugur Rakhmanov

May 12, 2024, 6:00:39 AMMay 12
to Amir Sharabi, THERM
Hi Amir,

Check the Boundary Condition Library also.

Regards,

Zugur

вс, 12 мая 2024 г., 10:47 Amir Sharabi <am...@kvs.co.il>:
Hi,

Thanks for your answer,  I downloaded your file and I can see the result.
Unfortunately if I tried to make this simulation again I get the same error message.
This is my material library, I don't understand what is wrong with it.
image.png
--
אמיר שרעבי
מהנדס אזרחי

יועץ תרמי, אנרגטי ומיקרו אקלים
מחלקת תכנון ובנייה
טלפקס: 03-9172202
שלוחה: 4
נייד: 0509432317
אתר: kvs.co.il

---------------------------------

רחוב הרכב 4, קומה שניה
תל אביב-יפו, 6777137

Amir Sharabi

Zugur Rakhmanov

May 16, 2024, 10:08:09 AMMay 16
to Amir Sharabi, THERM
Hello,
After connecting remotely the issue was fixed.
The problem was inconsistency with the appointed Simulation directory.
After changing that (see image) the problem was solved.
image.png

Kind regards,

Zugur

On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 3:10 PM Amir Sharabi <am...@kvs.co.il> wrote:
Thanks,

I checked the boundary condition also and the problem is not solved....
There is other reason for this problem? it possible to make a short zoom meeting ?

Amir Sharabi

May 16, 2024, 5:25:09 PMMay 16
to Zugur Rakhmanov, THERM
Thanks,

I checked the boundary condition also and the problem is not solved....
There is other reason for this problem? it possible to make a short zoom meeting ?

Amir Sharabi

May 20, 2024, 3:32:40 PMMay 20
to Zugur Rakhmanov, THERM
Thanks so much,