BLAST2DEM output is empty

GM

Jul 12, 2022, 8:48:43 AM7/12/22
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hello Everyone,

Can someone point me what should be the problem here: tried to generate 80cm resolution tif dem from a ~2.5 billion point set from laz files ( tiled to  140 individual files and used list input) but the result is empty:

command.JPG

verbose.JPG

Thanks,

command.JPG

Paul Manley

Jul 12, 2022, 10:38:28 AM7/12/22
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
We just fought with this A LOT!

Try adding -cpu64 first. If that doesn't work, we used -thin_with_grid 0.5 with mostly success. In bad cases (over 4.2 billion points) we actually had to split the files into pieces.

Regards,
Paul Manley