txt2las.exe -parse xyz?RGB

Rohan Waghmode

Aug 8, 2022, 8:55:14 AM8/8/22
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hello people,
I been looking into parsing the .txt file using txt2las.exe  But the format seems lit odd. I would like to know how can i parse this data?

Screenshot 2022-08-08 at 5.46.25 PM.png
Lets consider first line in this data,
[-118047.270, 34495.970, 23.268, 0, 24, 35, 32]
[x, y, z, ?, R, G, B]

I am not able to figure out what this data is. Can anyone help me understand?

For reference this is list of entries we can check.
Link
Screenshot 2022-08-08 at 5.51.41 PM.png

Jochen Rapidlasso

Aug 8, 2022, 8:58:41 AM8/8/22
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi Rohan,
its hard to tell what data you have on this column, but you can easy skip this column using [s].
So you could use -parse xyzsRGB
Best,
Jochen @rapidlasso

Kirk Waters - NOAA Federal

Aug 8, 2022, 9:02:18 AM8/8/22
to LAStools - efficient command line tools for LIDAR processing
This is also a great example of why you need metadata.

Kirk Waters, PhD
NOAA Office for Coastal Management
Applied Sciences Program
‪Phone: 843-284-6962‬ (New as of 2022)

--
Download LAStools at
https://rapidlasso.de

Peter Guth

Aug 8, 2022, 9:51:22 AM8/8/22
to last...@googlegroups.com
Wild guess, I would try intensity and see if you get a grayscale image that makes sense.   With RGB that might be worth much, so ignoring it is also a reasonable step.

--
Download LAStools at
https://rapidlasso.de
Manage your settings at
https://groups.google.com/g/lastools/membership
---

Peter L. Guth
Professor, Dept Oceanography, USNA

Rohan Waghmode

Aug 8, 2022, 9:51:26 AM8/8/22
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Thank you Jochen for the reply. I will look into it.

Kirk sir thanks I will look for metadata.