utf-8 Help please???

Filip Partyka

Jan 21, 2021, 6:10:21 AM1/21/21
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
GQIS 3.10 - Lastools 1.4
Hi from what i can see in the group that is a common problem.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:/Users/Filip/AppData/Roaming/QGIS/QGIS3\profiles\default/python/plugins\LAStools\LAStools\lasinfo.py", line 95, in processAlgorithm
LAStoolsUtils.runLAStools(commands, feedback)
File "C:/Users/Filip/AppData/Roaming/QGIS/QGIS3\profiles\default/python/plugins\LAStools\LAStoolsUtils.py", line 61, in runLAStools
feedback.pushConsoleInfo(output.decode("utf-8"))
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xbe in position 13: invalid start byte

Cant find any solution. I deletet the lina " feedback.pushConsoleInfo(output.decode("utf-8"))" from LAStoolsUtils.py but it did not help. Any ideas. I have 2 days to make it work.

Jochen Rapidlasso

Jul 22, 2022, 7:21:32 AM7/22/22
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing